U2 and demographics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twochordcool

Acrobat
We know who fans are.

Who are NOT fans?

DISCUSS!

Snoop Dog fans are generally not U2 fans!

:madspit:

Last edited:
Who'd I see in L.A.

Val Kilmer, Dennis Hopper, mostly white folk, black people, Hispanic, Asian, young fans, older fans.

I didn't see any really really elder people.

:shrug:

Based on the three concerts I saw in Philly, this is how I'd break it down:

1) The biggest group was people in their 40's and up.

2) The next group was people in their late 20's and early 30's.

3) Next was, to my surprise, the younger generation. I saw alot of kids from about the age of 6 or 7 up to about 15.

The one group I did not see alot of was my age range; from about 18 (my age) to mid 20's. So, to answer your question, the one demographic that was not really represented was from about 18-25.

This doesn't mean that there aren't U2 fans in this range, but there wasn't alot of this range at the Philly concerts when compared to the other age ranges.

Isn't this just a continuation of your racist trolling in the post that was just closed, twochordcool?

:scratch:

I think this thread is probably going to end up like the last one....:hmm:

Bono's actually a fan of some of Snoop's stuff. Here's one of many quotes from B on SD:

What turns Bono on about dance music in general and hip-hop in particular is the community vibe. "Hip-hop artists are just geniuses at self-promotion. It's so different to the indie mindset which castrated the UK scene for so long. Black music wants to communicate, it wants to shout, it wants to be loud and be large. Sometimes, this can be crass when you had the whole gold chains and bragging about the size of their dicks. But, by and large, they have a sense of their own value and they try to communicate this in their music. They're advertising themselves and their work. And their mates. They have a network and they want to big up everyone in that network. So you have Snoop Dogg or whoever and he's bringing in the next Snoop Dogg into the system and into the chain."

And here's one of Bono & Edge talking about their love of hip-hop & R&B:

The Edge: "I like techno, I'm not big into drum & bass, I like hip-hop. I like the fact that the Fugees clan is coming out with some unbelievable stuff."

Bono: "Lauryn Hill is just amazing. That album, man, is just one of the defining records of the last few years. Really, she's head and shoulders above the pack.

I think you'll actually find that U2 fans, like U2 themselves, appreciate a wide variety of music. We also appreciate a wide variety of people, races, religions, sexualities, ethnicities, and beliefs. We'd like to think that we aren't extremely closed-minded and that we can learn from experience, instead of using one experience to justify all of our indefensible prejudices & issues with the world.

I'm surprised that there are U2 fans that feel otherwise.

Who cares what group of people isn't a fan of U2 and who is? Who said everyone has to be a U2 fan? Being a U2 fan, or even an overly judgemental, assumptive person about a stranger's musical taste does not make one better or smarter.

I love hip-hop. :shrug:

indra said:
Isn't this just a continuation of your racist trolling in the post that was just closed, twochordcool?

Perhaps, but a moron took that to the next level, unnecessarily, and wrongly got that one closed down before I could defend myself and make my point!

:wink:

:lock: :lock:

This is a ridiculous thread, the sole intention of which is to try and illustrate that "guys who look like Snoop Dogg fans'--i.e., black people--and "redneck caucasians"-----the two "groups" of people who stood in front of twochordcool in the ticket drop line----could not possibly be U2 fans and must therefore be scalpers----an idea that this guy was hopelessly trying to push in his last thread, which was closed due to his bigotry, ignorance, personal attacks, and pretty much distasteful ideas in general.

:lock: :lock:

Let's face it, Snoop Dog fans and Megadeth fans are generally not U2 fans, and you usual won't find them seeking U2 tickets unless they're scalpers - so they should not be sold U2 tickets!

twochordcool said:
Perhaps, but a moron took that to the next level, unnecessarily, and wrongly got that one closed down before I could defend myself and make my point!

:wink:

Spin off threads are not allowed. (Starting a new thread after a thread is closed).

Also calling people morons is not acceptable either.

I'd suggest you let this subject rest for now.

Thanks.

twochordcool said:
Let's face it, Snoop Dog fans and Megadeth fans are generally not U2 fans, and you usual won't find them seeking U2 tickets unless they're scalpers - so they should not be sold U2 tickets!

Yep! There we have it. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom