U2 Album Will Be Released In May!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
in MAY! This is certain!!! The only unknown is the week. Universal
France said it! Universal Italy said it! Record stores are starting to take
reservations as they have been told spring. Bono's in Africa in
March/April, so the release was pushed to May

http://www.universalmusic.it/web/news/index.php?id=475

Universal Italy Site...

"I numerosissimi fans sono gia in fibrillazione per il nuovo album degli U2 in arriva a maggio"

In English -
To the numerous fans that are desperate for the new album of U2 will arrive in May!

(Special Thanks to Rafmed for translating this for me)

Last edited:
I have a feeling it is so too! Why else would Universals say that and why else would cd stores already start taking reservations?

Down with fall/winter, here comes spring U2004!

Well.. maybe those who emailed Regine Moylett of RMP London, U2's PR agency could email her again and ask if this rumour is true? Or maybe we don't wanna know? Could be cool to hear what she would say...

Don't start marking the calendar just yet people. This is U2 we're talking about. They are the masters of delaying albums. Don't get your hopes up, cause I'd hate for you all to be let down.

I hope for May too, but I realize that soemtimse it doesn't seem very realistic.

By Any Other Name
We know you?re wary of false idols in these lean times. But U2log.com has some authentic, honest-to-goodness scoops for you: can you say ?working song titles?? We?re not at liberty to name our industry sources, but we can vouch for their accuracy. These titles are subject to change, so they could easily be different in their official release. Omnia mutantur and all that.

What we know:

?Sometimes You Can?t Make It On Your Own?? is a version of the song Bono sang at his father?s funeral in 2001. This one you probably knew; it?s been buzzed about since 2001 ? note, however, one source suggests it?s ?Can?, not ?Can?t?.
?Sky Hawk?? was described to us as ?epic, highbrow rock,? and is intended for the soundtrack to a major 2004 superhero film ? and therefore, could end up as the first song to reach the public.
?Love And Peace Or Else?? is reportedly ?bluesy.?
?Jahweh?? is a title that, you may recall, we slipped to you a while back. One source made a case for it as ?one of the greatest songs U2 have ever recorded.? Make of that what you will?

Our sources also indicated that the band?s claims that the album is a massive rocker are not hot air ? they seemed extremely impressed by what they?ve come in contact with. What we know, you now know too. Can it tide you over?

VIA U2Log.com

We could hear a song before Sky Hawk, remember beautiful day was released before Elevation which was on tomb raider. It might just be a 2nd or 3rd single!!!

hopefully for Spidey 2!!!!

This album will be out in May prior to Memorial Day. Always good to have an album in the stores prior to that holiday weekend. Sales history has shown it is a good week for sales with kids getting out of school for summer in some places that early and most colleges out for summer as well.

My bet is album comes out May 24th rest of the world and May 25th in the USA. Memorial day is Monday May 31.

The Big fact is, the band has never taken longer than 3 years and 8 months to put out a studio album since the last release. The end of May would put them at the 3 years and 7 months mark. I don't think the band intend to take any longer this time based on past history.

The band was saying they were ready to record the next album just prior to the release of ATYCLB. They would do the tour and go into the studio. Of course, things have taken longer, but I'm positive their nearly done.

The tour will probably start in September.

Exactly! It will be May 10, everyone. I predicted this a day or two ago in my LiveJournal and I'm certain of it. The album will be out May 10, I'm confident.

Now I'm just waiting for time to prove me right.

Does anyone else but me wonder if the rumors of having to wait until winter were planted just so we would all be thrilled with a May release date rather than pissed off that the album isn't coming out in March? Assuming it really is coming out in May. I'm trying not to get too excited here. But at least we've got multiple sources claiming the new material is going to knock our socks off. :up:

I can't wait!!! May is what, only 5 months away? Just think, hopefully this time in 6 months we will all have heard, loved and memorized the new U2 album and will be anxiously waiting for tour info/tickets!!

i hope we are 3 months and 2 weeks away....I think the boys have done a great job building the suspense up for this one..

I was really glad when yesterday I read the news about U2 from Universal Italy, which said the album was confirmed for May.
Today italian sites about U2 (who were the firsts to post that news) say that Universal Italy officially said that the release of the album slipped to September.

I give up.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt (you all should, too!), but as long as the new buzz month is May, i'll say it's coming out on the 17th/18th for my birthday!!!!:applaud:

Last edited:
Chizip said:
see my sig

I''ve denied it for long, but I'm joining Chizip with the September prediction.

Im starting to believe the "Edge's cousin" story that Bono's Tart told us. The claim about the band being in L.A has been proven, and now with recent rumors, the claim that the album has been pushed to late summer seems to be coming true.

edit: The "Edge's Cousin" claim was Bono's Tart's, not Bono's shades'.

Last edited:
Dorian Gray said:

I''ve denied it for long, but I'm joining Chizip with the September prediction.

Im starting to believe the "Edge's cousin" story that Bono's Shades told us. The claim about the band being in L.A has been proven, and now with recent rumors, the claim that the album has been pushed to late summer seems to be coming true.
Can you please provide me a link to this now infamous "Edge's cousin" story? I have to read this for myself!

Hey Mike,

I just looked it up and all it really says is....my friend spoke with Edge's cousin.........

there is not really a story in writing

Back
Top Bottom