U2 Album Will Be Released In May!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard the Edge's cousin was playing bass on this album too! That's why there is a delay. They have to teach him how to play bass and imitate Adam. It's a damn shame.

Then I heard that Bono kicked out all of the other members but held onto the "U2" moniker and re-recorded the Joshua Tree with his new bandmates. They want to test the waters with this new line up and then release a full length album of new material.

New members include: Les Claypool on bass; Slash on guitar and Bill Berry on drums. Supergroup if I ever heard one. I say just finish the "damn" album. You know?

P.S. Name of this new album "Chinese Democratic State (Feed The World)" (don't want to get sued by Axl for gawd sakes!!!)

ManOnTheMoon said:
I was really glad when yesterday I read the news about U2 from Universal Italy, which said the album was confirmed for May.
Today italian sites about U2 (who were the firsts to post that news) say that Universal Italy officially said that the release of the album slipped to September.

I give up.

http://www.universalmusic.it/web/news/

You can translate that through altavista if you have to.

The only mention on their recent news about U2 is exactly what appeared at U2log.com, which was that the album was slated for May in Italy AND France.

I would think that if Universal Italy officially said anything it would be on their website.

Someone feel free to find that correct information because thats all I could find, not claiming to be a know it all, but I read that the other day on U2log and went and translated it and just now went back and checked it after reading that.

The site of Universal Italy still keeps that news of May, but from what I heard some people wrote to it to have a confirmation and they rejected that news, they received an announcement from Mc Guinness the other day: album moved after the summer.
In fact, if the album would be released in May, now we would know more about it and more about the tour, dont you think?

i know it will come out in may....hopefully we will have the first single on radio waves first week in febuary.....

and they will be on the road in september

ManOnTheMoon said:

In fact, if the album would be released in May, now we would know more about it and more about the tour, dont you think?

Absolutely not.

In June 2000, U2 were doing everything possible to hype the album many months before the album came out and even Edge admitted in a June 8th, 2000 online chat that the album wasnt done (make note that the album was out 4 months later)

In July 2000, U2 were still promoting and hyping the album thru the media and the initial reports for Beautiful Day and the album name were released thru U2 boards like this, not the bands actual announcement. The album followed 3 months later.

The single was online early but the single wasn't "released" until August 2000, 2 months before the album, this is very standard.

Ok, the point is. The hype and anticipation for this album is being generated by the band by NOT saying anything. This is very similar to Achtung Baby. It has no bearing on whether the album is done (its been reported that it is by more than one person close to the band), it has no bearing on when we will hear the first single. The single could feasibly come out in a few weeks and people would be saying (Holy Shit!!!!). That's the EXACT reaction they are loooking for.

In these days of quick coverage, internet fueled rumors, hype, propaganda, promotion blah blah blah. Even if U2 were still recording the album, had this been 2000, Bono would be talking about it. He has made several public appearances since he last mentioned the album. All he really has said is what it sounds like, not when it will come out. The band hasn't made any such prediction in months. (This is a good sign!!!)

They don't really want the mass media to know when it will come out until they can get people's attention by unleashing the single and video from basically out of nowhere, much like The Fly. They want the anticipation and the single to sell the album as well as make people interested.

From the standpoint of the band, they dont have to do anything right now. They don't have to say anything, they don't have to release anything. Once the album is done, th decisions are made about the details and once it's delivered to the record label, then you will hear all kinds of shit, because the label will want to hype the album because they want to make money.

U2 wants to keep people guessing, this is not similar to ATYCLB or maybe even POP, which was a clusterfuck in terms of promotion and such.

What I am saying is, that the reason we are not hearing anything is two-fold. For one, the band want the anticipation and hype itself to promote the album without them having to do so. They want to surprise us. The record label will hype the fucker up enough when they get the final product. The second reason is, there is esentially nothng to say at this point until the mastered album goes to the label.

When you hear something, you'll know that the album will follow there shortafter, if that's 2 months, 3 months or 4 months, it could be any and it still doesnt mean anything with respect to the album coming out in May or before or shortly after.

There would be no reason for Anton Corbijn to begin shooting possible album artwork back in November, or Dallas Schoo to say that he believes the album will be out in May, or Adam Clayton saying the album is cooked in December or 3 or 4 articles reporting that Bono said the album was done in December or Bono and Edge making public appearances since then and saying nothing or Neil McCormack saying spring, or Universal (the band label) projecting May, or slating a single for a soundtrack for a movie in July, there would be no reason for any of it if the album werent coming out "relatively" soon. How about the leak to U2Log, do you think that's just happenstance?

That could be April, May, June, July, I would not think any later at all but hearing nothing now means nothing essentially other than the album has not been delivered to the label. But that could happen at anytime. When it happens the album will follow. The truth is the album could come out in April, maybe even March (not likely) and we still would not have heard anything.

That is if you choose to believe that the band are following the Achtung Baby method of promotion. I believe that everything points in that direction. May 10/11 as I predicted before Axver did on the prediction thread. :)

I also wanted to add that all that March 8th stuff came from the "Solar" article. There may have been an element of truth to Solar as a title, but that information is almost a year old and it's just regurgitated by websites looking to post a release date for the album. In actuallity most of those websites probably got that date from other websites, which came from the fake Solar cover article they are just looking to give a date. Regurgitation by the media, it's pretty common.

how do you explain recent statements supposedly by Bono that the album will be out in September then? Could he be yankin our chains?

In the Band Meetings and Sightings folder, goto Miss-U2's most recent thread ("news from Dublin") She's been back to the studio, and has a friend that's talked to Dallas. Dallas' claim: "the album will be finished in March."

Take that as you will...

"how do you explain recent statements supposedly by Bono that the album will be out in September then? Could he be yankin our chains"

For starters, I've never seen or heard this once by anything remotely credible. If someone wants to post the links or quotes, where it came from etc. Then I'd appreciate it.

Im not beatin ya up or anything...im just sayin that people have been sayin that Bono told them the album would be out in september in atlanta and LA this weekend. and the rumored e-mail by Paulie M to universal saying the release is pushed past summer. Though nothing has been confirmed

I understand, just discussing and curious to where this all came from. I was knocked offline for about a week and I come back to this board and people are pissing their pants over nothing. I want someone to show me the post talking about this. I am looking for it.

That's just the thing about it. Its unconfirmed hearsay. There is entire thread with 40 posts on it about one post on U2log about the album title. ANYONE who can operate a keyboard can post on U2log on their articles. I have not seen anything that leads me to belive that we won't have a U2 album by May or June.

To me, you listen to what the band actually says.
Listen to what the people around them actually say.
And you look at what they are doing and really there's not much
confusion on my part.

The band have said nothing recently (a good sign)
Basically the label has said nothing, the only thing from the label is a post on the Italian Universal page that says May release.
Then look at what Dallas Schoo has said and what Anton Corbijn has said and Neil McCormack and so on and so on. Also, the article on U2log about the song titles (the sky hawk article) confirms what was said by 1)Ignoreland months ago 2) a poster on U2tours.com months ago 3)was reaffirmed by the dude who knows Michael W Smith (MWS was the source mentioned on U2tours.com) months ago. What does that mean? Its true.

Why did U2log get that true info if the album is not coming out for another 8 months or so? Whoever runs that site knows someone. There is also an excellent point by Sting2 on another thread about the major labels wanting releases before Memorial Day which is a big weekend for new releases, especially rock/hip hop "current artists" for lack of a better term.

Album in May--hopefully!!!!! :)

Ok, can ya'll help me out? Why would it be to PM's advantage to throw off the media/the fans as far as the release date? i don't know much about how these things work? Simply for anticipation? So you don't have to deal with the stalkerazzi? What's the point?

:confused:

sd

Back
Top Bottom