U2 Album Cover Survivor: Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF one of the following covers:

• Boy (UK/ROW Version)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Wide Awake In America

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • The Joshua Tree (LP/new CD Version)

• The Joshua Tree (original CD Version)

• Rattle and Hum

• Achtung Baby

• Zooropa

• Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Pop

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Best of 80-90

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Best of 90-00

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
bye bye afro!

it appears adam's afro isn't missed as october was the loser in this round. october got 13 votes with passengers in second with 9 votes, and waia in third with 6 votes.

so, you know the drill by now. vote off your least favourite cover, or else.

I voted for Passengers. Took a good look at it again yesterday and decided it wasn't that well.

BTW, why is there still this bias for The Joshua Tree. It's mentioned twice, so that means that it's almost impossible to vote off that record. Since the CD version has the same cover as the LP version (nowadays), I don't see any reason for it to be on it twice. U2 already saw their fault and replaced the blurred CD anomaly with correct cover.

C ya!

Marty

Yes? I did not have the 'stretched' Boy cover. Nonetheless, I do know that one exists (and I voted it off). My point is that since U2/record company have replaced that cover, is it valid to vote for it? If so, shouldn't we then also have the opportunity to vote for the original ATYCLB cover (with the real gate instead of J33:3)? Or the original Rattle And Hum cover (the LP version with different positioning of the letters)?
Or may I vote twice when I want to have The Joshua Tree off? :wink:

C ya!

Marty (also has only the blurred version)

Sorry, that cover is not allowed. That's by the Talking Heads. This is a U2 forum!
:tongue:

C ya!

Marty (don't say you didn't expect this kind of answer :p)

i'm using covers that have been released. U2 may have seen the err in their ways and changed the cover with a rerelease, but there is a version with a different cover. i have it, thousands of other people have it. so therefore, it stays.

if people don't like that cover, then by all means, vote it off.

Well, I think that from the next round on my vote will be for the anomaly that is the 'blurred' JT cover. That's not a real cover anymore so it should go.
That said, I don't think AB is that special.

But I cannot understand why someone would vote for Boy now. I don't know yet if it's U2's best cover, but it certainly isn't their worst.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Well, I think that from the next round on my vote will be for the anomaly that is the 'blurred' JT cover. That's not a real cover anymore so it should go.
vote for it if you want, but it still is a real cover. you can still buy the original cd cover with the blurred band. i just don't see what the big freaking deal is! :shrug:

anyway, i'll probably keep this round open for a few more hours since it's a close vote right now. i don't really want something to win by a vote or two if i can avoid it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

vote for it if you want, but it still is a real cover. you can still buy the original cd cover with the blurred band. i just don't see what the big freaking deal is! :shrug:

I'm Dutch. The Dutch like to complain! :p
Oh wait, that should be :madspit:

;)

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom