U2 - Achtung Baby Future Reissue Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi my friends.

This thread is for disscussing what stuff would you like to see included on the future Achtung Baby Reissue

(let's assume that the album will get the same treatment as Joshua Tree, that's the album + CD of B-sides, rarities, etc + DVD with a concert plus documentary and videos):yes:

album-achtung-baby.jpg

Disk 1: Achtung Baby Remastered

Disk 2:

Salome
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Lady With The Spinning Head (Dance Remix)
Satellite of Love
Paint It Black
Fortunate Son
Night And Day
EBTTRT (Perfecto Mix)
Salome (Zoomeranger Remix)
Alex Decends
Can't Help Falling In Love
Heaven And Hell

Disk 3: ZooTV (Outside Broadcast) DVD

remaster
Bsides/cuts/remixes/etc.
a making of documentary(maybe some in studio video)
zootv washington or dublin video :drool::drool:

DISC 1: Original Album Remastered

DISC 2:

1- Lady With The Spinning Head (One Single)
2- Salome (EBTTRT Single)
3- Where Did It All Go Wrong (EBTTRT Single)
4- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Single version)
5- Paint It Black (WGRYWH Single)
6- Fortunate Son (WGRYWH Single)
7- Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk / Korova 1 (The Fly Single)
8- Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
9- Satellite Of Love (One Single)
10-Can't Help Falling In Love (WGRYWH Single)
11-previously unreleased track
12-previously unreleased track
13-previously unreleased track
14-previously unreleased track

DVD:

Live From Stockholm 1992
Outside Broadcast documentary
Love Is Blindness Video

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

blog01.jpg

They have the entire soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange. Will this ever see the light of day?

There were some very interesting demos on Salome outtakes but I doubt these will be released. But somehow they MUST give us a version of the Achtung Baby period "Wake Up Dead Man" :drool:

We've seen an enormous amount of making-of and other material from this period (Making of One, Trabantland etc etc). Perhaps they could finally collate ALL that stuff on one DVD?

Will we see a snippet U2 in concert without Adam (here is Sydney in '93)?? :macdevil:

Wild Irish Rose?

Disc 2:
1. Lady With The Spinning Head
2. Salome
3. Where Did It All Go Wrong
4. Satellite of Love
5. The Fly (Lounge Fly Mix)
6. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix)
7. Even Better Than The Real Thing (one of the Apollo 440 mixes, I guess)
8. Mysterious Ways (Massive Attack Mix)
9. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
10. Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
11. demo/outtake track
12. demo/outtake track
13. demo/outtake track
14. demo/outtake track

DVD:
Washington DC 1992 show
Love Is Blindness video
EBTTRT video (Armando Gallo and Kampah version)
UTEOTW video (Ritchie Smyth version)

I kind of feel like most of the covers from that era shouldn't be included on disc 2, not sure why. However, I did include "Satellite of Love" because it was kind of important to ZooTV. And to be honest, I thought "Paint It Black" and "Fortunate Son" were pretty bad anyway.

Last edited:
i'd like to hear heaven and hell on there.
Also something from the indoor legs of ZooTV, we already have an Outside Broadcst type of thing with Zoomerang. Granted we don't have Ultra Violet etc, but an indoor leg would go down a treat. Stockholm is off the cards because of the family they keep going back to on the big screen! Also Washington DC is a very bad performance, no way they'll release that!

ZooTV is a different kettle of fish to JT, there must be loads of footage out there we haven't seen. It was a very well visually documented tour.

1) Blow Your House Down
2) New live version of Acrobat
3) So Cruel live from Detroit video
4) UTEOTW video from Sacramento
5) video of Dancing Queen debut in LA(you should see the reaction on Larry's face!!!)

Will there be a 20th box for R&H next year?
25th box for UF in 2009?
30th set for BOY in 2010?
20th set for AB in 2011?
15th set for Pop in 2012?
30th set for WAR in 2013?
10th set for HTDAAB in 2014?
15th set for ATYCLB in 2015?
35th set for October in 2016?
25th set for Zooropa in 2018?
25th set for Passengers in 2020?

u2fp

disc 2, all the B-sides, skip Salome outtakes.

DVD, either Washington or Stockholm (Wembley footage?) and videos for UTEOTW and LIB and that TV special from which they took Desire and Tryin' to throw your arms on the Zoo TV DVD.

Last edited:
chocky said:

Will we see a snippet U2 in concert without Adam (here is Sydney in '93)?? :macdevil:

Wild Irish Rose?

I think any Sydney (or Wembley, etc) 1993 should be on the Zooropa DVD

Wild Irish Rose (as well Night And Day) should be on the Rattle & Hum DVD

I think any Sydney (or Wembley, etc) 1993 should be on the Zooropa DVD

Yes. I would like to see a seperate thing for Zooropa. Which I think could do with a little remastering in some places. I see a big distinction between Achtung Baby and 1991/92 than with Zooropa and 1993, personally.

Also, there should be some proshot stuff we haven't seen before. I bet there's a ton of that.

Stockholm for the DVD! One of the best U2 concerts ever.

Disk 1 : Achtung Baby - Remastered

Disk 2 : All B-sides and maybe some unreleased stuff. I think this should definitely include the song Heaven and Hell, it's a fantastic song and would be a worthy inclusion along side Achtung Baby.

DVD : Any ZOO TV show from 92. With ultra violet and wild horses as bonus tracks if they are not in set list.

I Would like to see the 1st Wembley 93 show more than any other ZOO TV show but i think that'd be more suited to the Zooropa remaster.
I agree with other people here when they say the 92 shows were alot different to the 93 one's.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Have they ever confirmed they completed anything?

Um, not AB era:huh:

The Clockwork Orange play was performed in London by the Royal Shakespeare Company - with Bono & Edge's soundtrack - for several months in 1990.

According to one critic's report there were "3 to 4" powerful songs within the play's score. Juke Magazine in Australia reported at the time that Bono recorded some vocals in the studio but the onstage performances featured the cast on vocals.

I'm sure there are some recordings in the vault somewhere.

Re: Wild Irish Rose, the song was performed for the 1991 BBC TV Series "Bringing It All Back Home". Doesn't that make it AB-era?

I would imagine that if they are in fact going to remaster it all, most of them will just be a new pressing with the album remastered, maybe a second disc for the b-sides.

chocky said:

The Clockwork Orange play was performed in London by the Royal Shakespeare Company - with Bono & Edge's soundtrack - for several months in 1990.

According to one critic's report there were "3 to 4" powerful songs within the play's score. Juke Magazine in Australia reported at the time that Bono recorded some vocals in the studio but the onstage performances featured the cast on vocals.

Interesting, I never thought it got that far...

chocky said:

Re: Wild Irish Rose, the song was performed for the 1991 BBC TV Series "Bringing It All Back Home". Doesn't that make it AB-era?

That recording was made in 1989.

chocky said:

There absolutely must be. Besides the fact that Edge records all of his tinkerings to save for future inspiration, there's no way that they didn't record---either audio, video, or both---of at least the opening night or dress rehearsals.

I thought it only went for opening night, got terrible reviews, and was canned....but I could be wrong.

Here are a few reviews, all awful. They especially crush the music:

Calling Bono & Edge's music "neo-wallpaper"
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE5D91F31F937A25751C0A966958260

Calling the music "so much unmemorable percussive rock"
http://www.geocities.com/malcolmtribute/aco/aco2004.html

It's probably crap. But, like discs 4-7 of the Salome Outtakes, I'd love to hear it. :D

Utoo said:

I thought it only went for opening night, got terrible reviews, and was canned....but I could be wrong.

According to information on the 2nd website link you posted:

Premiered at the Barbicam Theatre January 26, 1990
Moved to the Royalty Theatre April 23.

Didn't say how many nights / weeks each one played for though.

chocky said:

According to information on the 2nd website link you posted:

Premiered at the Barbicam Theatre January 26, 1990
Moved to the Royalty Theatre April 23.

Didn't say how many nights / weeks each one played for though.

Better eyes than me, my friend! :wink: That run is definitely long enough for there to be at least one recording of the stage performance. Even if there isn't, I still say Bono & Edge must've made recordings of themselves.

Thanks for the clarification!

Back
Top Bottom