U2 3d (UK Screenings)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
U2 3d

not sure if this is the right forum but can someone tell me is U2 3D going to shown in Imax Theatres in UK as well as USA? please advise!

i think you'd be better off asking in the U2 3D thread in the EYKIW forum...as far as your question is concerned, I don't know...sorry

uk screenings are scheduled from feb 22nd. not sure about where though.
E.

Manchester Odeon is.
That's also the nearest place for me. And when I say near, I mean a 2 hour train ride :yippie:

How did you find out? It doesn't say anything about U23D on the odeon website.

I am praying they'll show it at the bfi imax down near Waterloo, but their website calendar doesn't go as far as february 22nd yet, I think.

Anybody planning to come to London to watch it?

edurban said:

I am praying they'll show it at the bfi imax down near Waterloo, but their website calendar doesn't go as far as february 22nd yet, I think.

I'll be there for sure!:drool:

Like u, can't see anything confirmed on their calender yet tho!:(

edurban said:

A Pleban called the cinema, and said they will be screening it and also gave the date.

edurban said:

I've just posted on Pleba to say it's shown on this site as playing at the bfi imax and also at Cineworld Shaftesbury Av from 22 Feb and other key cities :) I'm waiting to see what other cities it will be shown at which may be nearer to me.

http://www.launchingfilms.com/releaseschedule/schedule.php?date=today&sort=date

Yes, info confirmed, (I just posted in the other thread too), my friend's company will be distributing it in the UK and it's opening on Feb. 22nd. Will play at Imax near Waterloo and apparently also some 'regular' cinemas. Don't know about outside London though.

I'd be up for meeting up in London to go see it, unless of course my friend gets me tickets for the Premiere ;)

Well, I am pretty sure that there will be something like a UK Premiere, i.e. the first time the film is shown here. I think this happens with pretty much all movies. But that doesn't mean it would be a full-fledged affair with lots of media etc. But that would also be very possible, usually as a promotion tool most movies get Premieres at various locations (US, Europe, Asia). I wouldn't be surprised if London got one, if they really want to promote the movie properly. Maybe even the band would come, who knows!

But maybe not, let's not get our hopes up! We'll see what they do in the US first.

In any case I'll make sure my friend keeps me posted on that :wink:

oceane said:

In any case I'll make sure my friend keeps me posted on that :wink:

Yes, and you keep us posted here please!!!

Let's talk nearer the time about an eventual group view.:corn:

I would suggest re-naming this thread "U23D in the UK" so that those who are not interested do not waste their time?

edurban said:
I would suggest re-naming this thread "U23D in the UK" so that those who are not interested do not waste their time?

good idea, but I just think all U2 3d should be in the major U2 3D thread..the release date one...get everyone thinking together :hmm:

I just had an email back from IMAX BIRMINGHAM which would be my local IMAX theatre and the manager quoted this:-

We are looking into the possibility of having this film, but the contract conditions required by the film distributor means we may not be able to fit in the required number of showings in the time between the film's launch date of 21st Feb, and our next confirmed movie launching on 15th March. If we can't commit to the required number of showings, we will have to have it as a second run at a later date.

So if any of you would want to go to Birmingham Imax then email this guy and keep pestering him to make sure they show it! His email is:-

john.rorke@thinktank.ac

Does anyone have a full list of UK cimemas / imax theatres who are showing it yet?

Back
Top Bottom