U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah, City of Blinding Lights has to be there.

Zoo Station begs for an inclusion. Don't be stupid, U2.

Axver said:
Wait, 15 songs? I got an e-mail from U2.com yesterday claiming it would have 20 songs. Then again, the e-mail makes a couple of known errors, so who knows. It is, after all, U2.com we're talking about here.

I think the 20 song number is in regards to the "U2 Go Home" CD package, not U2 3D.

alright this is getting frustrating...

EVERY SINGLE site I've been to does a HORRENDOUS job of not only advertising it, but just making it clear whether or not they will even be playing the damn movie!!! These websites fucking suck...all I want to know is if the movie is playing in the Los Angeles area, and if so, what theater? If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it...

I don't know, maybe I'm just doing a poor job of searching :sigh:

anyway, I just found another article...this one also says it will be 15 songs..so does that mean that the setlist I posted prior is correct?

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,4505509,00.html

Rob33 said:
alright this is getting frustrating...

EVERY SINGLE site I've been to does a HORRENDOUS job of not only advertising it, but just making it clear whether or not they will even be playing the damn movie!!! These websites fucking suck...all I want to know is if the movie is playing in the Los Angeles area, and if so, what theater? If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it...

I don't know, maybe I'm just doing a poor job of searching :sigh:

anyway, I just found another article...this one also says it will be 15 songs..so does that mean that the setlist I posted prior is correct?

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,4505509,00.html

the running time for the movie is 82-84 min. That is basically, a whole u2 show minus about 6+ min (usually 90 min shows.. at least here in the US). So, 15 songs doesn't jive.. That is basically an hour show which is what they showed at Cannes last year (short version for the industry). I honestly think these media outlets are basing the setlist on this version because it's been out there already.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter to me about the set list.. I am there for the experience.

hmm...yeah that does suck...so..after the demand goes down, it's done? i don't get it...

btw, that title, "U2 go 3D and it's even better than the real thing" - how is it better than the real thing??? is that just a desperate attempt to make a clever title even if it makes very little sense? Or am I missing something here? :lol:

That widget thing U2.com sent out is crap.
Like you guys know, it doesn't say a where it's playing. All this after pulling my hair out trying to find the right link from the U23D
website to show the list of cities. The U2.com email I got today specifically said that the website would list the cities it's playing in... BS!!!
WT? That's just lame promotion. Come on people, U2 is better than that!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Yes, I will go to the IMAX link and look it up myself, but come on....
it shouldn't be that hard.
Ok, rant over. MUCHO FRUSTRATED!!! :mad:

kennerado said:
Makes sense, it was shot for 3D only. Without the right equipment its just another concert on DVD.

I agree. I understand they don't want to make a DVD release, the special 3D experience would get lost.

I still hope it will be shown in European cinemas. I have found some digital 3D cinemas but I read today that cinemas here will only play the movie if there is enough demand for it. That kind of sucks. :|

I called me local cinema that opened lastweek to see if they will show it because they have a 3D screen.
She said they have no details yet, and then she said I'm not sure that film will be shown in 3D either :huh:

Gee lady, I wondered why 3D was in the film's title.

Spy Kids 3D was released in 3D on DVD so why could they not do it with U23D????

you know, I find really bizarre that I can't find any info on where and when it's playing in So. Cal. There is no way it's not going to play in such a huge market as that..

What gives??:huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
you know, I find really bizarre that I can't find any info on where and when it's playing in So. Cal. There is no way it's not going to play in such a huge market as that..

What gives??:huh:

yeah, I agree...it's a shame it's not getting promoted better...It seems like people from U2 3D are having troubles negotiating with other theaters/areas that could potentially show the movie, maybe that is getting in the way of promoting it properly, cause so far, the promotion sucks...I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of delay in some areas, and it was released sporadically to various theaters in different countries....

I do know though that an IMAX theater in Sacramento is going to be showing it...

I know, this is so frustrating. :mad: All the Imax theatres websites in or close to San Diego are still only showing hanna montanna as playing thru Feb.

bonocomet said:
I know, this is so frustrating. :mad: All the Imax theatres websites in or close to San Diego are still only showing hanna montanna as playing thru Feb.

yeah I noticed that with the theaters in the LA area.. what gives..who the f**k wants to see hanna montana!:madspit:

neatperson42 said:
sorry if this has been posted already, but here's a link that supposedly has the entire setlist for the movie

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3779

yeah a couple of people have posted this from other sites. I still don't think this is correct but I guess we will find out when it premieres. It's 82-84 mins so this setlist seems like its missing at least a couple of songs..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah a couple of people have posted this from other sites. I still don't think this is correct but I guess we will find out when it premieres. It's 82-84 mins so this setlist seems like its missing at least a couple of songs..

my bad, I don't get over here too much, but I need to! hopefully AIWIY is in there too.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah I noticed that with the theaters in the LA area.. what gives..who the f**k wants to see hanna montana!:madspit:
:lol: I was saying earlier that if that's all that's playing, we could always have a gathering and see that :shrug: That would be.. interesting.. :uhoh: Setlist party :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom