U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that they kept the flow Sometimes... --> Miss Sarajevo and the "African" trilogy. Was hoping for Zoo TV trilogy but oh well.

They said 15 songs will make the cut. But the above is 14 songs + Human rights reading (hopefully that is actually Zoo station).

what that 3 min version of love is blindness didnt make the set list jk. I can pray right lol

I doubt it's right because I remember seeing screenshots from the movie that showed the band performing Mysterious Ways....

Does anyone know if this is planned to be released in Imax theatres in the UK or is it just USA? please advise!

The setlist is not bad.

Trust me, if this thing (which it will) is half as impressive as "Beawolf" Imax-3D..........:ohmy: x 192,283

The setlist is not bad, guys, stop complaining before you have actually seen the movie. The only thing I find regrettable is that they chose to open with Vertigo instead of COBL.

last unicorn said:
The setlist is not bad, guys, stop complaining before you have actually seen the movie. The only thing I find regrettable is that they chose to open with Vertigo instead of COBL.

......Where the F*** is COBL :|

Now that really doesn't make any sense.

I don't believe that this setlist is the real thing for the following reasons:

- vertigo -> new year's day -> beautiful day, I mean wtf?
- mark pellington, the director, has said in one u2.com interview that the definitive highlight for him is the city of blinding lights intro and now they decide to not include it?
- now the most important reason: they fookin' can't leave zoo station behind, not just because how badass it is, but they already put it as a b-side on window in the skies single and now they would scrap it? come on! I can forgive them cutting mysterious ways, which we have tons of live versions already released, but the awesomness which is zoo station vertigo version?!?

COBL has to be the 1st song and missing song. Every 4th leg show (except for Monterrey, camera's weren't there), had COBL as the opener. I don't see how they would just kick into "Vertigo" as the opener on a concert film if COBL was played 1st.

what does having zoo station on the b-side of windows in the skies have anything to do with whether zoo station made the cut for the movie..:confused:

i agree it is a bad ass song.. but really we won't know the set list till jan. 23rd.

and I agree with others... quit complaining..(my previous post wasn't a complaint but an observation that the set list and the running time for the movie don't jive IMO). It is for the experience of the movie not so much for the set list (for all the hardcore u2 fans like us, don't think that is what they are gearing this towards).

U2Fanatic4ever said:
what does having zoo station on the b-side of windows in the skies have anything to do with whether zoo station made the cut for the movie..:confused:

Because almost every live performance that first appeared as an audio track was later released on a video (vide milan dvd had exactly the same songs as u2.communication cd, the fly and ebttrt sellafield versions were included on both cobl single and zoo tv dvd etc. etc.) Of course, it doesn't need to mean anything, there are few exceptions, but still it's a pretty trustworthy rule.

Besides, COME ON, it just asks for 3D! :drool::drool::drool:

zootv04.jpg

zootv09.jpg

zootv07.jpg

The "Zoo Station" encore was very epic. And I know what your saying Zooropean103 about the B-side thing. Its recorded too perfect to not have a visual aid :wink:

Wait, 15 songs? I got an e-mail from U2.com yesterday claiming it would have 20 songs. Then again, the e-mail makes a couple of known errors, so who knows. It is, after all, U2.com we're talking about here.

Axver said:
Wait, 15 songs? I got an e-mail from U2.com yesterday claiming it would have 20 songs. Then again, the e-mail makes a couple of known errors, so who knows. It is, after all, U2.com we're talking about here.

i'd say it more along those lines.. about 20. That makes more sense and even though u2.com has had many a moment of inaccuracy I think that maybe true.

No matter what the setlist will be like in the end, there will always be people complaining about what should have been included and what should have been left out. I'd say we have to wait and see. I realised that both COBL and Elevation are missing, two of their signature live tracks from the last tour, not very happy about that, but I take the 3D adventure anyway and I'm very excited about that movie.

last unicorn said:
No matter what the setlist will be like in the end, there will always be people complaining about what should have been included and what should have been left out. I'd say we have to wait and see. I realised that both COBL and Elevation are missing, two of their signature live tracks from the last tour, not very happy about that, but I take the 3D adventure anyway and I'm very excited about that movie.

Amen to that sistah!

Back
Top Bottom