U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Television Special broadcasts of U2360° At The Rose Bowl - sorted by date.
(Date: Country/Channel and details)

1st of May 2010 - Australia, MAX
10th of May 2010 - Brazil, GLOBO Multishow (incl. Behind The Scenes footage, availiable online after broadcast)
29th of May 2010 - France, Canal+ (60 minutes, 11:00 PM - 12:00 PM)

Last Update: April 26th 2010

Please, share the details if you get hold of new information concerning your country!

There's your South American/Australia Tour folks

:scratch: Are they (Australia and Brazil) going to broadcast the whole show?

Not that I'm aware of, the articles don't say. I suppose all TV stations will basically get the same package with 60 minutes from the show as this has been the case in the past. Elevation Boston lacked Until The End of The World, New York and In a Little While on the TV special here in Sweden if I remember correctly. Slane was originally that Christmas special entitled "U2's Beautiful Day" which had some backstage sequences with Bono asking for lipbalm and all that stuff.

I don't remember if Vertigo Chicago was the same, but I suppose it was edited as well and I never saw Vertigo Milan on television even though I saw it in the programme at a friends place so I can't tell whether it was edited or not.

Furthermore, this new package seems to include that behind the scenes documentary. I assume not all stations will want to broadcast that but only focus on the show itself, but I could be wrong.

Not that I'm aware of, the articles don't say. I suppose all TV stations will basically get the same package with 60 minutes from the show as this has been the case in the past. Elevation Boston lacked Until The End of The World, New York and In a Little While on the TV special here in Sweden if I remember correctly. Slane was originally that Christmas special entitled "U2's Beautiful Day" which had some backstage sequences with Bono asking for lipbalm and all that stuff.

I don't remember if Vertigo Chicago was the same, but I suppose it was edited as well and I never saw Vertigo Milan on television even though I saw it in the programme at a friends place so I can't tell whether it was edited or not.

Furthermore, this new package seems to include that behind the scenes documentary. I assume not all stations will want to broadcast that but only focus on the show itself, but I could be wrong.

Thanks. I was thinking it would be weird, with the release the month after... But then again, they broadcasted the show on youtube...

:scratch: Are they (Australia and Brazil) going to broadcast the whole show?

Australia is a 60 min show (6:30-7:30pm) which means about 45 mins or about 10 songs after ads are taken into account.

My guess at a set list is something like this:

Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
Elevation
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Walk On or One or With Or Without You
Where The Streets Have No Name

I'd love to have No Line On The Horizon, Unforgettable Fire, Ultra Violet and Moment of Surrender but these cut-down concerts usually go for mass appeal (ie hits).

Music max are playing:

Get On Your Boots, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Elevation, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You

plus "many many more"

Also has the behind the scenes stuff.

I would think ths means full show. We got the full Boston Elevation a month early on main event

I'd be willing to bet South America and Australia see U2 in early 2011...mirroring the Pop dates; isn't that when it's warmest?

Music max are playing:

Get On Your Boots, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Elevation, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You

plus "many many more"

Also has the behind the scenes stuff.

I would think ths means full show. We got the full Boston Elevation a month early on main event

Another website is reporting:

Kingdom Of Your Love
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Elevation
The Unforgettable Fire
Vertigo/It's Only Rock and Roll
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight/Two Tribes
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Amazing Grace/Where The Streets Have No Name
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Moment of Surrender
Beautiful Day

Obviously, we'll get the Kindgom intro, which is good, but Breathe is still missing.

And why the hell is Beautiful Day after MOS? :scratch:

SUPERDELUXE EDITION
Fnac.es (via u2spain):

Volumen 1
Libro de tapa dura de 32 páginas, con fotos, comentarios, dibujos de la gira,etc…

Volumen 2
DVD con el concierto en digipack.

Volumen 3

1. Making Of – documental de 34 minutos del Tour – “Squaring The Circle – Creating U2360”
2. Clips de la gira U2 360º – una selección de los mejores momentos grabados por el director de vídeo de la gira en varias ciudades, incluye: imágenes en Milan, Barcelona, Dublín, Rose Bowl, Chicago, Toronto, Polonia.
3. Un tema extra – “Breathe” en directo
4. Imágenes del primer concierto de la gira Europea – Barcelona
5. Imágenes del primer concierto de la gira Americana – Chicago
6. Get On Your Boots (Video)
7. Magnificent (Video)
8. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Video)
9. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight – Live (Video)
10. Making Of “Get On Your Boots” – (Video)
11. Making Of “Magnificent” – (Video)

Volumen 4
Blu Ray en digipack

Volumen 5
Vinilo de color de 7” en bolsa

Volumen 6
3 Puas de guitarra en una bolsita

Volumen 7
Programa de gira

Volumen 8
Dibujo de la “Garra”

Volumen 9
5 postales pintadas

120€:ohmy::ohmy:

Television Special broadcasts of U2360° At The Rose Bowl - sorted by date.
(Date: Country/Channel and details)

1st of May 2010 - Australia, MAX
Setlist:
Kingdom Of Your Love
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Elevation
The Unforgettable Fire
Vertigo/It's Only Rock and Roll
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight/Two Tribes
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Amazing Grace/Where The Streets Have No Name
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Moment of Surrender
Beautiful Day

2nd of May: Re-run of the above

10th of May 2010 - Brazil, GLOBO Multishow (incl. Behind The Scenes footage, availiable online after broadcast)

29th of May 2010 - France, Canal+ (60 minutes, 11:00 PM - 12:00 PM)

Last Update: April 30th 2010

Please, share the details if you get hold of new information concerning your country!

SUPERDELUXE EDITION
Fnac.es (via u2spain):

Volumen 1
Libro de tapa dura de 32 páginas, con fotos, comentarios, dibujos de la gira,etc…

Volumen 2
DVD con el concierto en digipack.

Volumen 3

1. Making Of – documental de 34 minutos del Tour – “Squaring The Circle – Creating U2360”
2. Clips de la gira U2 360º – una selección de los mejores momentos grabados por el director de vídeo de la gira en varias ciudades, incluye: imágenes en Milan, Barcelona, Dublín, Rose Bowl, Chicago, Toronto, Polonia.
3. Un tema extra – “Breathe” en directo
4. Imágenes del primer concierto de la gira Europea – Barcelona
5. Imágenes del primer concierto de la gira Americana – Chicago
7. Magnificent (Video)
8. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Video)
9. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight – Live (Video)
10. Making Of “Get On Your Boots” – (Video)
11. Making Of “Magnificent” – (Video)

Volumen 4
Blu Ray en digipack

Volumen 5
Vinilo de color de 7” en bolsa

Volumen 6
3 Puas de guitarra en una bolsita

Volumen 7
Programa de gira

Volumen 8
Dibujo de la “Garra”

Volumen 9
5 postales pintadas

120€:ohmy::ohmy:
Y en ingles, muchas gracias a Google Translate por la ayuda:

SuperDeluxe EDITION

Volume 1
32-pages hardcover book with photos, comments, pictures from the tour etc

Volume 2
Digipack DVD with concert.

Volume 3
1. Making Of - 34 minute documentary - "Squaring The Circle - Creating U2360"
2. Clips from the U2360º Tour - A selection of the best moments recorded by the video director of the tour in several cities, including Milan, Barcelona, Dublin, Rose Bowl, Chicago, Toronto, Poland.

3. A bonus track - "Breathe" live
4. Footage from opening night in Europe - Barcelona
5. Footage from opening night of the North American tour - Chicago
7. Magnificent (Video)
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight (Video, O'Reilly Version)
9. I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight (Video, Courtes Version)
10. The making Of "Get On Your Boots" - (Video)
11. The making Of "Magnificent" - (Video)

Volume 4
Blu Ray disc in digipack

Volume 5
Colored 7" vinyl in a bag

Volume 6
3 guitar picks in a small bag

Volume 7
Tour programme

Volume 8
Illustration of "The Claw"

Volume 9
5 painted postcards

€ 120

What confuses me though, is all these "volume" thingies. What does that mean? Do I have to choose between the different volumes or is all of that
included in the Super Deluxe Package or just some of it? :huh:
As a side note, the livedvd minisite still remains dead.

I'm not sure I'll buy this. I think the bootlegs I have do a perfectly fine job of documenting the tour for me. I feel a bit guilty for allowing bootlegs I downloaded for free to influence my decision against buying the Rose Bowl DVD, but then I remember that I saw two shows last year, both in $250 seats.

volume 4 is in the super delux - I am happy.

I am getting a blu-ray player in July, but want to super deluxe, so happy I dont have to buy the blu-ray as well at a later date

It'll most likely be Moment of Surrender, to round out the four singles. Or maybe some live cuts. But U2's probably not going to offer new material (especially on a 7") only to those who are going to pay 120 pounds.

It'll most likely be Moment of Surrender, to round out the four singles. Or maybe some live cuts. But U2's probably not going to offer new material (especially on a 7") only to those who are going to pay 120 pounds.

I actually think this is the most likely suggestion. I'd love for it to be Kingdom.... but then there would be complaints that we have to pay so much money for one new song....

2. Clips from the U2360º Tour - A selection of the best moments recorded by the video director of the tour in several cities, including Milan, Barcelona, Dublin, Rose Bowl, Chicago, Toronto, Poland.

That really excites me.

This could be their way of getting us some of the rarer and more exciting things from the tour. While it may only be with a couple of cameras, we know they had cameras in for broadcasting onto the screen at the show. Think about this:

Barcelona:
IGCIIDGCT - album style version
Electrical Storm - live debut

Milan:
Party Girl - For young Evie
AOH - Jacko snippets

Dublin:
The Auld Triangle
Bad

Chorzow:
OBVIOUSLY NYD with the flag

Chicago: