U2 30th anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
People I want to take out a doubt with ya , when could we say U2 has reached 30 years of career ? Can we consider this year , 2006 ? Coz You know last year , Bono mentioned the 29th of their meeting , and wikipedia like dates them for 76 . Anyway the thing is , people were talking 'bout a release in september of their official bio , which doesnt seem to happen not so early anymore , anyway there was this , and now the big reason I'm asking this is , in a article by atu2.com , people talked 'bout a real possible box set of u2 , and the guy said something bout 'appropriate time' and 'part of something big' . Couldnt think of any of it , than being in 30 years anniversary . And now we get this what looks like news and a date for a Zootv dvd , could be part of it .

J_NP said:
People I want to take out a doubt with ya , when could we say U2 has reached 30 years of career ? Can we consider this year , 2006 ? Coz You know last year , Bono mentioned the 29th of their meeting , and wikipedia like dates them for 76 . Anyway the thing is , people were talking 'bout a release in september of their official bio , which doesnt seem to happen not so early anymore , anyway there was this , and now the big reason I'm asking this is , in a article by atu2.com , people talked 'bout a real possible box set of u2 , and the guy said something bout 'appropriate time' and 'part of something big' . Couldnt think of any of it , than being in 30 years anniversary . And now we get this what looks like news and a date for a Zootv dvd , could be part of it .

There are a few points I suppose.

September 25, 1976:

This is when the band members first met each other at Larry's House.

March 18, 1978:

This is the first time the band went by the name U2 at the talent contest that they won. They had entered the contest as the Hype, but when the band arrived in Limerick, Adam changed the name to U2.

September 1979:

U2's first commericial single U2-3 was released.

March 1980:

I forget the exact day, but this is when U2 was officially signed to Island Records.

October 20, 1980

This is the released date of the bands first full length album Boy.

Didnt they sign February 26, the same date they played at the Dublin National Stadium?

Nisse said:
Didnt they sign February 26, the same date they played at the Dublin National Stadium?

I don't think all the documents and everything was finalized until sometime in March.

J_NP said:

The box set will be released on their 40th anniversary. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom