U2/25/05 : Aussie Pay TV Event

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
======================================================
MAX U2 Special on April 17
======================================================

U2/25/05

In April 2005, U2 will have their 25th birthday. 25 Years since the release of their first single.

This grand achievement is worth commemorating as it comes in a year the band scored another #1 album AND were inducted into the HALL OF FAME. That new album, How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, is now approaching 9 million sales.

"There is a transcendence that I want from rock. I'm still drunk on the idea that rock and roll can be a force for change. We haven't lost that idea." Bono

MAX, your Australian home for U2, will be celebrating the date on Saturday April 17 with a Loving U2 Day including an Exclusive Special U2/25/05. This special includes never-before-seen footage from an interview recorded after Atomic Bomb's release, and mountains of concert and studio recordings.

Cool, but 17 April? Huh? What happened then? U2's first single, Out Of Control, came out in September 1979 in Ireland on CBS, and their first worldwide single and first on Island Records, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, came out on 23 May 1980.

So I've no idea what this 17 April business is about.

I'll expect something around November, Much like the elevation tour.
Depends which show they film (most likley they'll do something NY on the Thrid leg, although NOTHING is confrimed)

Back
Top Bottom