u2 18 cd/dvd question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artinis1

The Fly
from nick,

i noticed in the weekly ad for bestbuy, they list the cd version but not the combo, is the dvd autimatically included with the cd, the milian dvd that is or is this not the case, i really want the milan dvd, any info is appreciated

Yeah Best Buy's ad twice shows the one disc, and on the inside mentions the videos DVD for $13.99 but not the deluxe.

So the deluxe cd has the Milan dvd and I think a 48 page book . :scratch:

Does anyone know if the U218 singles dvd with the videos also
have a deluxe version ? :crazy:

Yeah , the dvd comes with the delux version.
It inc. the dvd of Milan , the cd and the 48 booklet with lyrics and pics.

The videos dvd is a loose dvd on it`s own.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

They always have those different versions to confuse people. Or to make more money because they know some fans will buy all of them separately for their collections and they'll make more $:mad:

(talking about the stores not the band)

Oh Jesus I am confused too.

On November 21 2006 TOMORROW:

U218 Cd

and

U218 with Bonus DVD

Are being released right?

The Bonus Dvd is the Milan Concert RIGHT? lol

On November 28 2006

A Delux Version is being released:

This Delux Version Contains the Album songs and the music videos.

I am right?

:scratch: :crazy:

I just realised I messed up.

I got the CD, thinking the Milano DVD can only be bought with the other DVD with the videos for U218 singles.
But it's the other way around: Milan DVD comes with the deluxe version of the U218 Singles CD.

I think this is the "regular" DVD, the one with videos from the songs off U218 CD.

U2girl said:
I think this is the "regular" DVD, the one with videos from the songs off U218 CD.

I don't think so; that one's listed as well. This one also says it's an import. And look at that sticker, says the "definitive video collection"

What is it with U2 making books for their albums? I wonder if they're gonna do this all the time now. They did say that people need more incentive to buy an album because of the internet. :shrug:

hahah ok, so out of the three choices we have:
1. CD
2. CD with Milan DVD
3. DVD with music videos

so out of these three choices, does choice #2 (CD with milan dvd) ALWAYS come with the 48 page booklet, or are there two versions? one with a booklet and one without (but you still get the dvd)?

if you get milan dvd, you get a nice interesting booklet with a lot of MISTAKES in it :happy: U2 can't even get their own number 1 singles right!

anywayz, the milan dvd makes it worth it:)

I think there may actually be a 4th version .. on iTunes.

It has the 18 singles, plus "Smile", plus the nine live tracks from Milan. Saints, Window, and Smile are not available to download individually, though. And the version of Streets is labelled New Edit U218, not sure what the difference is.

The BestBuy I went to this morning did not have the Deluxe version available. :(

Last edited:
sycmioyo said:
The BestBuy I went to this morning did not have the Deluxe version available. :(

Did you actually ask somebody if they have it? When I went to Best Buy to get the Zoo TV Sydney DVD when it came out, they had copies of the regular DVD out, but I didn't see any of the 2-disc sets. I asked an employee, and they had a whole ton of them in the back...they just hadn't gotten around to putting them out yet.

I went to Best Buy & got the CD & separate DVD. I did not see the deluxe CD/DVD package, because I thought with the DVD that's what I was getting. I didn't think to ask. & I already opened the CD. I ordered the deluxe on Amazon.com. I know I'm doubling what I bought. But I think they should have put all that in one package. I did get the deluxe Sydney DVD at Best Buy with no problem when that came out.

meriddle said:
I went to Best Buy & got the CD & separate DVD. I did not see the deluxe CD/DVD package, because I thought with the DVD that's what I was getting.

The only place in Best Buy that I saw the Deluxe edition was by the music DVDs. There was also one copy of the 18 Videos DVD there, and there was a display full of those at the end of one of the CD aisles, along with just the regular CDs.

Bonochick said:

The only place in Best Buy that I saw the Deluxe edition was by the music DVDs. There was also one copy of the 18 Videos DVD there, and there was a display full of those at the end of one of the CD aisles, along with just the regular CDs.

sounds like what it was here in england in woolworths. they put the delux cd/dvd combo in the music dvd chart section so i couldnt find it at first and they never even had the videos dvd! :mad:

Bonochick said:

Did you actually ask somebody if they have it? When I went to Best Buy to get the Zoo TV Sydney DVD when it came out, they had copies of the regular DVD out, but I didn't see any of the 2-disc sets. I asked an employee, and they had a whole ton of them in the back...they just hadn't gotten around to putting them out yet.

Yeah, the guy went in back and checked.

I'm not too worried about it, I'll get it eventually. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom