Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericb

The Fly
This song was an outake off the Pop album, right? I just heard it for the first time. It's great. How could this not get on the album?

Guess it doesn't really um... go with Discoteque, MOFO etc...
biggrin.gif

It was written for Frank Sinatra (sorry if you knew that already).I think Bono had been working on it even before they began working on POP. Wasn't it mentioned in Flanagan's book about how Bono had been working on it?

------------------
"I Don't Know You, But You Don't Know The Half Of It..."

I thought it sounded like a Frank Sinatra song when I heard it. The reason why I thought it was an outake off Pop is because somone had mentioned that it was one of his favorite U2 songs on a Bruce Springsteen messageboard(lots of U2 fans there), and that he couldn't understand why U2 didn't put it on the Pop album.

It came out at the time of Pop and was a B side of "God will send his angels" it was recorded for a special to celebrate Sinatra's 80th birthday. i think it was recorded after Pop was released which would obviously also be why included on Pop. And yeah, it wouldn't fit on the album.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Two shots of happy =
icon14.gif

I agree! I like that song! When I got the single of "IGWSHA" it took me awhile to get used to it, but its a great song!

------------------
No whos or whys
No-one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth
She never got to say goodbye
To see the colour in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 10-15-2001).]