turning into a classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boystupidboy said:
HTDAAB has been on random repeat all day and i'm still not sick of it,i don't even skip ANY of the tracks:drool: IMO this album is really really good:drool:Infact its scarily good:ohmy:

My thoughts exactly.

One Step Closer is an amazing song, one of my favorites it's so ambient, beutiful, screw the lyrics it just sounds so good:wink:

a man and a woman is awesome!! fave on the album thus far....since day one!!!

but lets not turn this thread into that...

...the new album is great, I only just switched out of my cd player since it came out, and not cuz i was bored with it, i was just scared of over saturation, hahahahahaha :wink:

Is it weird that almost every morning when I wake up I have AMAAW in my head. I haven't even listened to the song in at least a week. Oh, I turned the big 2-4 today. Yeah 1981!:wink:

it's an amazing album, haven't gotten sick of it yet. The thing is I listened to it constantly on my computer or in my car, which has an average sound system (no good bass though). The last week I finally started hearing it on a real good Yamaha speak set, it sounds even better!! ABOY rocks.

Truly a great album, I'm really into Orig. of the Species right now

ATYCLB is what sparked the comeback.

HTDAAB completes the comeback.

U2 are back!

Cheers,

J

What can I say, I loved the album the first day I heard it, and I love it even more now. Sadly the excitement of having a NEW U2 album has worn off for me, but it a way that is a good thing, because now it feels like part of the collection, a VERY strong part I might add. Not sure if that makes sense.

This album is brilliant. The only songs i skip are vertigo (because my 16 month old brother has kept playing it and danced to it about 16 times a day for the past week) and a man and a woman.

Hmm..interesting what Jick said. If one adheres to the trilogy theory of U2 albums, that means we have one more album coming in the form of ATYCLB and HTDAAB. I feel HTDAAB was a great sequel to ATYCLB and even surpassed it in quality. I think that if we are given one more album in this "trilogy" it might prove to be THE album all of us were hoping HTDAAB to be.

Now, I'm not saying I am dissappointed with HTDAAB. In fact it's quite the opposite. I am extremely pleased with it, but I don't think it met everyone's expectations. I know a lot of fans were expecting the best album yet, which I'm afraid HTDAAB quite isn't. I think it's certainly in the top 3 or 4 for U2, but it just falls short of being "it" like the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are. Maybe time will prove me wrong, but I think the next album might be the one we are all looking for.

In my opinion HTDAAB is way better than the joshua tree, maybe thats because i was very young when JT came out. I am really into HTDAAB right now!

The best praise I can give HTDAAB is that I don't skip any of its songs..it feels like a best-of in some way, (one great song after another) and to me the only song thats a little below-par is Yahweh and that is still a solid tune. Definitely their third masterpiece!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom