TUF Remaster ( what will be on it? )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They could have added Red Rocks DVD onto the War remaster.
I'm beginning to think JT and AB will be the only ones with a DVD released.

It would also make sense for Red Rocks to come out with UABRS as a package. All I see on Amazon so far is a Sept. date for UABRS and for Red Rocks, but separately. On second thought, though, it might be a little odd to package them together since a lot of people think that UABRS is essentially a soundtrack of Red Rocks, when most of the tracks are really from the Loreley Amphitheater show in Germany. :hmm:

As for the UF remaster....:drool: Good lord, it's going to sound so incredible! I can only imagine how beautiful ASOH is going to be. :combust:

Remastered 4th Of July. Can't wait for that. They need to mix Bono's vocals higher.

:up: That song just does it for me. and even though I don't know exactly what he's channeling, there, it's awesome.
Think I'll have a listen now.

It would also make sense for Red Rocks to come out with UABRS as a package. All I see on Amazon so far is a Sept. date for UABRS and for Red Rocks, but separately. On second thought, though, it might be a little odd to package them together since a lot of people think that UABRS is essentially a soundtrack of Red Rocks, when most of the tracks are really from the Loreley Amphitheater show in Germany. :hmm:

As for the UF remaster....:drool: Good lord, it's going to sound so incredible! I can only imagine how beautiful ASOH is going to be. :combust:

Yeah if you looked up The Unforgetable Fire in the dictonary it would have :drool: as the pic. :wink:
Red Rocks is what I'm really, really looking forward too.

I don't think they'd put that much material on a new album. I'm guessing they'll just release it with a few of those tracks so they'll have more material to milk the fans with later.

I reckon the UF remaster has the potential to be the best of all the remasters. Those songs are beautifully 'textured' and hopefully the remaster will only emphasise this.

AB is the album most in need of fixing though so that's the one that might be most transforming compared to the original, if done right of course. But UF remastered should be something to behold.

It would also make sense for Red Rocks to come out with UABRS as a package. All I see on Amazon so far is a Sept. date for UABRS and for Red Rocks, but separately. On second thought, though, it might be a little odd to package them together since a lot of people think that UABRS is essentially a soundtrack of Red Rocks, when most of the tracks are really from the Loreley Amphitheater show in Germany.:

The 2-disc set for UABRS will have the original album as Disc 1 on CD and the DVD of the actual Red Rocks show as Disc 2. The DVD will also be available separately, as listed on amazon.

So, there will be no bonus audio tracks with the UABRS deluxe set. Just the original album remastered and the Red Rocks DVD for Disc 2.

that's a shame I always hoped they'd expand that album into a live double-album when the time came like The Who Live at Leeds and loads of other live albums from years gone by. I'm not complaining though, Red Rocks on DVD? Yum, yes please :wink:

As for The Unforgettable Fire as long as Boomerangs are in the right order, Three Sunrises opens the second disc and the Wide Awake Live versions are on it'll kick ass. That said I'd buy it anyway in a heartbeat

Hope we get the long version of Bass Trap !

Vocal intro. version of Love Comes Tumbling is available on Best of 80-90 b. sides.

What is the long version of 11 O'Clock T.T. is it the same version as was on the Martin Hannet CD??

Hope we get the long version of Bass Trap !

Vocal intro. version of Love Comes Tumbling is available on Best of 80-90 b. sides.

What is the long version of 11 O'Clock T.T. is it the same version as was on the Martin Hannet CD??

According to U2Wanderer, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is the Martin Hannet version but with a longer intro and a longer guitar solo. Since we got the official single version on the Boy reissue, I doubt the longer version will appear again on the UF set, although it would be nice for completists.

I own a record containing demo's and outtakes for Unforgettable Fire. There exists really neat demo versions of Wire and of Indian Summer Sky, as well as two nice instrumental tracks (not 4th of July-ish), as well as the extended version of Love Comes Tumbling and instrumental versions of Pride and The Unforgettable Fire.

Probably this recording will be the bonus disc in case of an TUF remaster

I own a record containing demo's and outtakes for Unforgettable Fire. There exists really neat demo versions of Wire and of Indian Summer Sky, as well as two nice instrumental tracks (not 4th of July-ish), as well as the extended version of Love Comes Tumbling and instrumental versions of Pride and The Unforgettable Fire.

Probably this recording will be the bonus disc in case of an TUF remaster

Demo of Indian Summer Sky? :drool:

It's definitely Indian Summer Sky. And it is so good.
I'm not sure if it still exists but this TUF rarities is available as a torrent

The out-takes to The Unforgettable Fire would be the best thing worth hearing. If they could clear the snippets, then Bad from Live Aid would also be a coup, but I'd guess that your list is close enough the what we'll get. It's one of the ones I'm looking forward to the most since their creativity levels, you'd imagine, were sky high with Eno and Lanois just on board.

I doubt there will be much or any unreleased songs. Most of what they recorded for Unf. Fire ended up on the album or as a B side. They basically ran out of time in the studio, a lot like October.

My hope is that if they put live tracks on the 2nd disc they are actually live from the Unf. Fire tour and not from the Joshua Tree tour or later.

Back
Top Bottom