TTTYAATW connects with younger crowd.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strangely, Mysterious Ways seems to get a lot more airplay than any other U2 song here in Melb - I've heard it four, five times compared to practically bugger-all for everything else (I don't listen to radio much though...)

major_panic said:
Strangely, Mysterious Ways seems to get a lot more airplay than any other U2 song here in Melb - I've heard it four, five times compared to practically bugger-all for everything else (I don't listen to radio much though...)

I heard bloody Staring At The Sun today! I was in a shop in West Brunswick that had the radio on, no idea what station, and I was very surprised. I never once heard it on radio in Queensland, even in 1997. Back then I actually listened to the radio regularly.

Last edited:
Strangest U2 song I've ever heard on the radio was when I was in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and WHEN I LOOK AT THE WORLD came on! I almost swerved into a lightpost I was so shocked. This wasn't even when the album came out, it was like 6 months ago.

Pleasant surprise though, as it's one of my favs.

That song actually got quite a bit of airplay when I was in college, it was a college radio station and it had just been released on a movie soundtrack...

Nice choice. I'm not a DJ but I play one in my living room. I'd say after a hot sweaty night of drinking, dancing and flirting, this is the perfect song to cool down to as the lights come up and you see exactly who you're going home with and whether or not that's really a good idea.

It is, after all, a song about a hangover. "How far ya gonna go before you lose your way back home?"

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Where?:huh: Are you sure you understand what song we're talking about?

Ya they played it on the Denver radio station twice the other day. And in my home town of London, Ont. the alternative station still plays it a lot. They still play a lot from Achtung especially rare radio tracks like UTEOTW and Ulraviolet.

I DJ part-time (once a month) and I always mix in a rare U2 song. I sometimes do just to get a "who is this" or see the peoples reaction. At my last gig I played "Popmuzik" then went into "Vertigo" (instead of MOFO). Once played LPOE when it leaked and had a few couples dancing. :)

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

Also I think 'the image' the music gives them is important. I know my sister likes some U2 but she wont admit because shes into the whole emo scene and it would probably make her look bad?

I think you nailed it right there. Don't worry, they'll grow out of that eventually. :wink:

Funny thing about TTTYAATW -- I heard that song on the radio on the way to work the morning after my first U2 show (I'd walked away from the concert telling myself, "Okay, I MUST buy all their albums now." All I had was JT, ATYCLB and HTDAAB at that point.) The radio station was doing an all-U2 weekend in honor of the tour, and something about that song just blew me away; it was just so different. It sounded nothing like the U2 I knew from standard radio airplay, and I loved it. So when I got off work I went straight to Best Buy and got Achtung, specifically because of that song. Heh.

Night and Day was in a supermarket fairly recently. Granted, they tend to play their own stuff as opposed to the radio, but as it wasn't the rest of the Red Hot + Blue album I thought it was interesting.

major_panic said:

The top five that I see played on XM the most (I have my radio set to alert when U2 is on), in order as the most heavily played are:

1) Surrender
2) Mysterious Ways
3) SYCMIOYO
4) Red Light
5) With Or Without You

Back
Top Bottom