Trying to track down the Popmart Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
I just got the latest Q mag, and it claims the PopMart Lemon lies dismantled in a dutch warehouse...

Does anybody know where and what warehouse that is??

europop2005 said:
I heard parts of the Popmart arch were used to make the Elevation and Vertigo stages

I think it was the Lovetown tour stage that was reused for Elevation and Vertigo. All three have the same grate ramps on their sides.

elevated_u2_fan said:
I imagine it's some sort of warehouse like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Why, are you interested in buying it? :shifty:

:laugh:

Gg , are you going to track the lemon down . :drool:

edge joked in a interview a while back that they were trying to sell it :lol:

Gg you crack me up... good luck!

Let me know if you find it. :shifty:

And I do believe the Pop arches were used to create the heart shaped Elevation elipse.

bonocomet said:
Gg you crack me up... good luck!

Let me know if you find it. :shifty:

And I do believe the Pop arches were used to create the heart shaped Elevation elipse.

^ Yup, according to Willie. Originally it was gonna be a heart shaped stage and Adam suggested taking the middle part out to make that "pit." :)

europop2005 said:
I heard parts of the Popmart arch were used to make the Elevation and Vertigo stages

I think you are getting a bit confused. Bono moulded a MODEL of the Popmart arches into a heart shape when they were planning the stage design of Elevation. AFAIK, the actual arches weren't used in the stage, just the MODEL arches were used in the MODEL of the stage ;)

elevated_u2_fan said:
I imagine it's some sort of warehouse like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Haha ya I could well seeing that being the case :wink: Gotta love that lost shot of Raiders, one of the best moments in film history IMO. Spielberg = genius :D

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

I think you are getting a bit confused. Bono moulded a MODEL of the Popmart arches into a heart shape when they were planning the stage design of Elevation. AFAIK, the actual arches weren't used in the stage, just the MODEL arches were used in the MODEL of the stage ;)

Actually, I think the popmart arch was made into the heart-shape part of the stage because it said that in the U2 Live book.

they've broken it into pieces and are selling them on ebay. kind of like the Berlin Wall.

Back
Top Bottom