Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World LIVE Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Just listening to this song again. It's really so much warmer live, and you can't beat that video from the Zoo TV DVD. That's really one of the most sincere and beautifully heartwarming performances I've ever seen from the band. They looks like 18 year-olds again. Man, I love this song. Let's hear it.

Edge's guitar on the live version is great. I wish some of his guitar picking was a little more prominent on the album
version like the live take.

Soooo nice to fall asleep too.....my favoritie line:

I dreamed that I saw Dali
With a supermarket trolley
He was tryin' to throw his arms around a girl
He took an open-top beetle
Through the eye of a needle
He was tryin' to throw his arms around the world

I'm an art lover.

theu2fly said:
I like the Dublin 93 version

I loved that for years :drool:

I wish it didn't have the Naomi Campbell mention...it seems dated now. That Dublin show is incredible, however. When it came on the radio here, my U2 love was pushed into another dimension.

I just love the version on the DVD... they look like they are truly having so much fun during that song. The champagne and the girls just make it:drool:

The beginning of the DVD is pretty funny, where Bono comes on stage late at the start of the song. Adam is looking around, wondering where he is, and then Larry starts smirking when Bono emerges from off-stage during the first verse. The two of them start cracking up.

Dublin 93 version is AWESOME, especially Edge's little guitar notes during the instrumental bridge.

Yay! A thread for my favorite, underrated song! :drool:

Definitely better live. Dublin 93 and Stockholm 92 (esp. the "every little thing's gonna be alright" part :heart: ) are both awesome versions!

I think this song 'subtle-y' showed the whole ZooTV decadence.

Last edited:
I love this song, greatly underrated in my opinion. A great relaxing chill out number before the dark trio of Ultraviolet, Acrobat and LIB.

Well this is the ultimate version, very funny. Also when the song has end Bono says one of his best things ever "You give this peolpe freedom and then they come and kick your ass" (1992-06-15)

This performence is very funny.

http://w w w.send space.com/file/0awqap

Back
Top Bottom