Trivial Pursuit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
OK, so I'm a big dork and my friends and I play Trivial Pursuit every Friday night (I have to work very early Saturday mornings, OK? :der: ).

Anyway, I go out tonight after work to by the new 20th Anniversary TP and everyone is embarrassingly excited. So, I pop in the Best Of for background music and we all roll to see who goes first. I win and start the game...

My first question and the first question of the game was "What band was mistakenly billed as 'The V2s' and 'VR' in its early days"!!!

Yay! So anyway....that was (no shit) the first of SEVEN U2 questions that I got during this one game! I couldn't believe how many there were.
Well, in case you care, I won the game and my friends all think its rigged.

Uh. Yeah. Big dork, I know.

:hyper:
:|

I used to get the U2 cards while playing "Song Burst", and my friends refused to play with me anymore cuz they said I cheated. :laugh:

i have the 20th anniversary trivial pursuit. i've only played it once and opened up just one of the packs of cards, and we didn't get through them all. i'll have to look through more of them to find them. cool! :D

One time, Dad and I were playing Outburst............and our conversation went something like this....

BC's Dad: TV star that begins with "B"!

BC: I put Bono.

BC's Dad: What?? He's not a TV star.

BC: Do I get a point?

BC's Dad: NO! He's not a TV star!

BC: But he's been on TV!

BC's Dad: He's been on TV because he's a rock star...he's not a TV star though!

BC: But he's been on TV, so he's a TV star too! So I should get a point!

BC's Dad: YOU DON'T GET A POINT!

BC: You're just jealous...because you're not a TV star like Bono...

BC's Dad: He's not a TV star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not THAT dorky Savesthe World...is it?

I am really surprised to read that TP is 20 years old already. My bro-in -law gave me a set. I love the game, but had trouble finding opponents.(they thought I read the cards before hand)

We sometimes use a trivia Night as a fundraiser fro the school....I am proud of my trophy that says "trivia champion":eyebrow:Long time ago now, I'd flounder on more comtemporary stuff.
TP is fun and always good for a laugh imho.I always chose green and brown and pink and hub goes blue and yellow and we both go..hmmmm on orange.

U2 Q's with clues eh? Can't wait!!

Re: it's not THAT dorky Savesthe World...is it?

No, its not that dorky! Its a little bit dorky though. In a cool sort of dorky way, I think.

:der:

Back
Top Bottom