Trivia Question of the Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive always wanted one of those!!!!!!

Who designed Bono's black leather jacket with the red star from the Elevation Tour? Can I buy a similar jacket?

Queen Bee said:

The jacket was designed especially for Bono by a designer named Todd Lynn, and was not produced for retail sale.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

they should call you Queen of Trivia!!!

u2neophobia presents you with U2 dog tags!!!

sil001-01.jpg

it probably would have been funnier if they gave this out after the question about edges dog running away :hmm:

Queen Bee said:

:lol:

Alright, here's another. Let's see if you can answer this one!

How did Bono get that scar on his chin during The Joshua Tree Tour?

I heard while in Arizona rehearsing for the opening night of The Joshua Tree tour, Bono fell backwards off the stage while holding a small spotlight. The spotlight hit Bono in the chin, forcing him to get stitches at a local hospital.

Chizip said:
I heard while in Arizona rehearsing for the opening night of The Joshua Tree tour, Bono fell backwards off the stage while holding a small spotlight. The spotlight hit Bono in the chin, forcing him to get stitches at a local hospital.

Hey, are you hungry? I sure hope so. Enjoy this chocolate delicacy courtesy of our very own Interference team!!

sil003015dn.jpg

Many congratulations to our resident U2 expert :applaud:

Queen Bee said:

Hey, are you hungry? I sure hope so. Enjoy this chocolate delicacy courtesy of our very own Interference team!!

sil003015dn.jpg

Many congratulations to our resident U2 expert :applaud:

that looks delicious!!!

are you hungry for more trivia??

Who's in the picture on MacPhisto's dressing table in the Sydney video?

Chizip said:

that looks delicious!!!

are you hungry for more trivia??

Who's in the picture on MacPhisto's dressing table in the Sydney video?

It's Mario Lanza in the photo.

Would you like some history on this fellow? Well, here it comes!!

Mario Lanza was an American opera-style singer in the 1950. He had no formal training but sang in a light operatic style in several MGM musicals. He was touted as "the American Caruso." In fact, Mario was a truck driver from Philadelphia and could handle neither the stress of fame nor MGM's insistence that he sing like Caruso but weigh only slightly more than his leading ladies. He died of a heartattack in his mid 30's. Bono said in an interview with Spin magazine that Mario Lanza's singing impressed him as a child.

Queen Bee said:

It's Mario Lanza in the photo.

Would you like some history on this fellow? Well, here it comes!!

Mario Lanza was an American opera-style singer in the 1950. He had no formal training but sang in a light operatic style in several MGM musicals. He was touted as "the American Caruso." In fact, Mario was a truck driver from Philadelphia and could handle neither the stress of fame nor MGM's insistence that he sing like Caruso but weigh only slightly more than his leading ladies. He died of a heartattack in his mid 30's. Bono said in an interview with Spin magazine that Mario Lanza's singing impressed him as a child.

I can't believe know all of this information off the top of your head!!!

Because of your geniusity, u2achtung.com is presenting you with a million dollar hotel directors chair!!

sil031-2.jpg

Chizip said:
I can't believe know all of this information off the top of your head!!!

Because of your geniusity, u2achtung.com is presenting you with a million dollar hotel directors chair!!

sil031-2.jpg

Holy crap! Now I can pretend to be Wim Wenders. This is a dream come true :hyper:

Thanks, U2Achtung!!! :bow:

---

What happened to the giant lemon used during PopMart?

Queen Bee said:

Holy crap! Now I can pretend to be Wim Wenders. This is a dream come true :hyper:

Thanks, U2Achtung!!! :bow:

---

What happened to the giant lemon used during PopMart?

Well in an interview with Willie Williams in Q magazine in the Fall of 2002, Willie revealed that The PopMart Lemon is in pieces stored in three different warehouses in Belgium.

Also, the giant olive and toothpick were revealed to be in storage in Dublin. It had been previously revealed that the arch had been deconstructed and used to make up portions of the heart shaped stage during the Elevation tour.

Chizip said:
Well in an interview with Willie Williams in Q magazine in the Fall of 2002, Willie revealed that The PopMart Lemon is in pieces stored in three different warehouses in Belgium.

Also, the giant olive and toothpick were revealed to be in storage in Dublin. It had been previously revealed that the arch had been deconstructed and used to make up portions of the heart shaped stage during the Elevation tour.

Most impressive!!! You're a beacon of U2 knowledge :bow:

Have you ever yearned to be a rock star or front your very own U2 cover band? Got the talent but lack the kickin' gear?! Well, it's your lucky day, pal! Dream out loud in these authentic Bono Oakley sunglasses courtesy of U2NewZooland.com!

sil02824vf.jpg

Congrats!!

Queen Bee said:

Most impressive!!! You're a beacon of U2 knowledge :bow:

Have you ever yearned to be a rock star or front your very own U2 cover band? Got the talent but lack the kickin' gear?! Well, it's your lucky day, pal! Dream out loud in these authentic Bono Oakley sunglasses courtesy of U2NewZooland.com!

sil02824vf.jpg

Congrats!!

SWEEEEET! That was the one thing I was missing from starting a U2 cover band!!! Now I can!!!!

Some singer claims that Bono has had a hair transplant. Is that true?

Chizip said:
Some singer claims that Bono has had a hair transplant. Is that true?

Coldplay singer Chris Martin made the comment to Britain's Q magazine. He said: "Someone famous, someone who knows, told me Bono's had a hair transplant. Can you believe it? Bono? Some of those tufts have been stitched in. So there's hope for me yet."

A U2 spokesperson laughed off that claim, saying "What a load of nonsense."

Queen Bee said:

Coldplay singer Chris Martin made the comment to Britain's Q magazine. He said: "Someone famous, someone who knows, told me Bono's had a hair transplant. Can you believe it? Bono? Some of those tufts have been stitched in. So there's hope for me yet."

A U2 spokesperson laughed off that claim, saying "What a load of nonsense."

thats correct!!!! (though i think it probably isnt nonsense)

U2tour.de has donated quite a treat. Probably the rarest and most sought after promo item from HTDAAB. The clock was made to look like a bomb, and features a clear red plastic covering over the inner workings of the LED clock. And its all yours!!!

sil017.jpg

It's Da Bomb!!!

Last edited:
Chizip said:

thats correct!!!! (though i think it probably isnt nonsense)

U2tour.de has donated quite a treat. Probably the rarest and most sought after promo item from HTDAAB. The clock was made to look like a bomb, and features a clear red plastic covering over the inner workings of the LED clock. And its all yours!!!

sil017.jpg

It's Da Bomb!!!

:shocked:

I'm so honored! Do you have any idea how unreliable my alarm clock is? This treasure is the answer to my prayers! Thanks u2tour.de!!! :bow:

---

Is it true that Bono has had his chest shaved?

Queen Bee said:

:shocked:

I'm so honored! Do you have any idea how unreliable my alarm clock is? This treasure is the answer to my prayers! Thanks u2tour.de!!! :bow:

---

Is it true that Bono has had his chest shaved?

Yes. Bono had to have an exam for his insurance company. He had too much chest hair for the doctor to be able to hear his heartbeat so they shaved part of it off. That's where the story comes from.

Also, he has also randomly shaved it to look sexy!

Chizip said:
Yes. Bono had to have an exam for his insurance company. He had too much chest hair for the doctor to be able to hear his heartbeat so they shaved part of it off. That's where the story comes from.

Also, he has also randomly shaved it to look sexy!

And does he ever look sexy :drool:

Do a lot of traveling? Ever get discouraged that you're lacking some truly stylish luggage? Fear not for our friends at U2source.com know of just the solution for you!

Presenting this beautiful Rattle and Hum flight case. Now you can travel with style and have some sweet tunes handy in multiple formats!

pr086014hd.jpg

I have the question. The winner gets to be a u2 fan.

Who is the fifth u2 member?plays keyboards on Original of the species.

Terry Lawless plays keyboards on OOTS, though I wouldn't call him the fifth U2 member (Brian Eno and Dik Evans both have more valid claims to that title).

Actually Adam's penis should be considered U2's 5th member. I don't know if it can play keyboards though.

Back
Top Bottom