Trip Through Your Wires vs. When the Levee Breaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zeppelin, just, there's that bit where the guitar builds and doesn't explode that is superb (that made sense to me) - dubious comparison though, hadn't seen that one coming.

Last edited:
Huh?

I don't know how you could pick such completely different songs, but you asked, so here's my answer.

I love Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks is a classic song that's good for cross-country driving or just chilling on the back porch in the lazy afternoon sun of a long summer's day.

Trip Through Your Wires is just a fun fun song - I mean, a little rock, a little roll, a bit of sway and a grinning kick-punch - it's just FUN!

Which is better depends on my mood - but I'd have to pick Trip Through Your Wires because it always puts a smile on my face - I can always relax later.

goat

shart1780 said:
Which song do you think is better?

Man, these Zep vs U2 son gcomaprisons are easy.

Pattern seems to be "take a zep classic vs a mediocre u2 song".

Every aspiring drummer should hear Levee.

Re: Re: Trip Through Your Wires vs. When the Levee Breaks

cardosino said:

Pattern seems to be "take a zep classic vs a mediocre u2 song".

definetly. I'd go with Levee, close one though.

Re: Re: Re: Trip Through Your Wires vs. When the Levee Breaks

Levee is not one of my favorite Led songs, but Bonham brings it as usual..

Last edited:
Trip Through Your Wires is crap. When the Levee Breaks is a great song. Love the drum beat on that one!

Didn't hear When the Levee Breaks but i will say that it's better than Trip, because TRIP is fuc.... piece of shit

Bullet live at Zootv sydney versus Till the Levee, Zepp get beat in a fair comparision

ZeroDude said:
Bullet live at Zootv sydney versus Till the Levee, Zepp get beat in a fair comparision

Better comparison is bullet live at Zoo vs. In My tIme of dying live at Earl's court

IMTOD takes it by a hair

thats a fine hair indeed, and it pushes Bullet infront imo, I just prefer the sound unfair though to a far earlier recording:wink:

I'll take Wires.

Levee is a pain in the ass to listen to, just like Misty Mountain Hop AND Four Sticks. Zoso is so overrated :|

cardosino said:

Better comparison is bullet live at Zoo vs. In My tIme of dying live at Earl's court

IMTOD takes it by a hair

oooh.....that's a good one.

:banghead: cannot choose.

How CAN you TRY to compare 'When the Levee Breaks' and 'Trip Through Your Wires'...??? Mind boggling...

'Levee' wins every time...

Whoa...
Bullet ZooTV vs. In My Time of Dying Earl's Court is a bit hard, since they are both in my top 5 by the band...
But, I choose Bullet at the end.

I think Levee and Wires are comparable. I always thought of them as being of a kinda similar style, with the heavy drumming, guitars, harmonica and all.

Wow - you're comparing one of the greatest rock songs of all time with Trip Through Your Wires? TTYW isn't even in the top-10 of Joshua Tree songs. When the Levee Breaks is just rock and roll at its best.

Next - which is better? Last Night on Earth or Layla? :wink:

You gotta love 'Levee', molten, dirty blues at it's very best. I especially love the little frisson of a guitar sqibb at the very end.

I agree, it's an odd comparison. Using Bullet would have made more sense to me.

Bullet Zootv takes Levee, undoubtedly Edge owns Page in that performance infact I would love to lock ( in a hypothetical situation of course) Edge, Page, Hendrix, Clapton, Satriani, Zappa, SRV, BB King, Johnny Marr, John Squire and John Frusciante in a room and see what happens lol

Back
Top Bottom