Travis Tonight, The Strokes Next Tuesday Then U2 GA on November 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeVox

War Child
TRAVIS KICKS ASS

I had a blast they played the best songs off of The Man Who and the Invisible Band,.....highlights: Sing, Side, Turn, Humpty Dumpty Love Song, Safe, Indefinitely, Driftwood......awesome fucking awesome and Remy Zero was great too, I'm actually going to go buy their album as a result of their performance tonight, turns out that The Cage was written on account of Remy Zero's lead singer challenging Fran Healy to a songwriting contest.......great show.....never ran into Zoopop though.....

the next 20 days of my life are going to kick ass...tonight I'm going to see one of my top 5 bands, Travis....if you haven't heard The Man Who or the Invisible Band you are missing out....awesome melodies, simple lyrics and an awesome lead vocal by Fran Healy...next tuesday I'm going to see the Strokes, a heavily hyped band, regardless I think the new album, Is This It? kicks ass, part Stooges-part Velvet Underground go pick up the album.....it's great to wake up to...and then on November 5th......U2 here in Austin Tx, 5 min from where I live....FUCKING MINDBLOWING....(sorry pumped about Travis tonight).....

btw I need some advice I was thinking about camping out....getting there on sunday around 9 pm.....what do y'all think, is this necessary? or can I get there at 8 in the morning and I'll make the heart....

last question: what part is better, the top of the heart (where band is) or the lower tip(where Bono hangs out)

-To those people that Propaganda let down: my heart goes out to you, that's really shitty and I'm sorry if it seems like I'm bragging

Glad you had a good time... Travis rock!
spin3.gif

I'm very curious about The Strokes

could you please write a little review after you've seen them?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

With all these shows I'm beginning to envy EdgeVox!

I'll bet 'Turn' and 'Driftwood' were great, some of my favorites. I'm glad you had a good time!!

When you were seeing them live I was listening to them in my room via stereo as I drifted off to bed... wow I got shortchanged
wink.gif

Wow Edge Vox, a great musical month in store. When Travis were in Australia they programmed RAGE( our weekend all night music vid TV show)They talked about making their film clips, they came across as very cool people. I find the song Turn and the accompanying clip very powerful indeed.Chi is precious, don't waste it.I'll never forget Fran Healy's radio interview while they were here either. He said he grew up with the tradition of family concerts, every one took "a turn", even if it was just to turn your eyelids inside out, you were expected to perform
smile.gif
So sweet.so character-building.
I don't know The Strokes music, but that last band you mentioned aren't bad.The Irish one, U know.
Have fun musiclover.

The Strokes KICKED ASS!!!!!!
I got the setlist (autographed by the lead guitarist and by the lead singer, Julian Casablancas) and the guitar pick, I'll post the setlist tomorrow, cuz I'm somewhat loaded right now......the opening act Moldy Peaches did a great job.....got the drummer's broken stick and he autographed for me.......awesome night!!! band to keep an eye on

The setlist is:
Is this it
When it started
Modern Age
Soma
Barely Legal
Someday
ALone Together
Last Night
Hard To Explain (my personal favorite)
New York City Cops
Trying your luck
Take It Or Leave It

btw I got the setlist autographed by Julian Casablancas and Albert Hammond Jr and Nick Valensi's guitar pick

Originally posted by EdgeVox:
btw I got the setlist autographed by Julian Casablancas and Albert Hammond Jr and Nick Valensi's guitar pick

Awesome! Keep those things in a safe place... make a necklace out of the guitar pick or something
tongue.gif
So who did you prefer: Travis or The Strokes? Or is that an unfair question?
smile.gif

Originally posted by EdgeVox:
btw I need some advice I was thinking about camping out....getting there on sunday around 9 pm.....what do y'all think, is this necessary? or can I get there at 8 in the morning and I'll make the heart....

last question: what part is better, the top of the heart (where band is) or the lower tip(where Bono hangs out)

btw nobody ever answered these questions did they? Well I'd say it's necessary to line up the night before, if you want to really ease your mind. It seems people are lining up earlier now. I heard that by midnight the morning of the show some arenas have had 100 people in line already.

Concerning the top or lower tip of the heart: I've had both and I think for overall musical experience the lower tip of the heart is better. First of all there's much more room to move in the back of the heart. And also you do seem to get a better overall view. Additionally, for some reason, the sound seemed to almost go over my head when I was in the very front. They're both great shows but I went for the lower tip more times than for the front. I have heard that Bono doesn't hang around the tip of the heart as much this time around though--does anyone know if this is true?

Anyway I answered those the best I could.

Back
Top Bottom