trailer for Bono's movie "Across the Universe"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you mean Bono's movie? I see that he has a cameo appearance in this trailer (wearing the cowboy hat with the big Edge Popmart mustache), but what other role does he have in the movie? Does he have an acting part in it? Did he put up money for it?

Otherwise, this use of Beatles music as a soundtrack for a movie tracking through the 1960's and 70's is a big deal. This is a first of its kind isn't it? The Beatles signed on to let their music set the timetable for these movie characters. People will savage this film if they think it doesn't live up to its soundtrack. I have to say, the beginning of the trailer didn't impress me at all; but it was much more interesting toward the end.

Bono plays a character called Dr. Roberts (in reference to the Beatles song) and sings "I Am the Walrus"

I'll definitely go and see that, even if it looks like it might end being completely ridiculous.

Saw a show of Bono - he's at a microphone and wearing a cowboy hat.

Last edited:
When I use the link , it asks for a username and a password ? :eyebrow:

I'm sorry.

That's Robin Williams.

bonoorrobinwilliamsfo1.jpg

JCOSTER said:
tis not Robin Williams - Bono did the filming between October 2005 and November 2005, almost certain of it.

That's cool, I was joking anyways.

I read that Bono sings "I Am the Walrus" with The Secret Machines in the movie.

I can't wait to see this.

Last edited:
It looks kind of like a hippy movie, which I'm not interested in. It could be alright though. Hopefully it's better than The Million Dollar Hotel.

Bono was singing "Hey Jude" and "Across the Universe" on the trailer.

I grew up as a "hippy" and this doesn't seem like something I have to see because I lived through most of it.

Bono seems like the best part of this movie. :wink:

From the official movie site:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/acrosstheuniverse/

"The star-crossed lovers, Jude (Jim Sturgess) and Lucy (Evan Rachel Wood), along with a small group of friends and musicians, are swept up into the emerging anti-war and counterculture movements, with "Dr. Robert" (Bono) and "Mr. Kite" (Eddie Izzard) as their guides."

Jamila said:
Bono was singing "Hey Jude" and "Across the Universe" on the trailer.

I grew up as a "hippy" and this doesn't seem like something I have to see because I lived through most of it.

Bono seems like the best part of this movie. :wink:

That's definitely not Bono during either of those songs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom