Tragedy/American Flag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B-girl

Babyface
Hi, all.
I don't post much, but felt that I wanted to say this. I live in the NYC area, so maybe that's why I feel the way I do. So far, all of my friends and family are safe and I al thankful for that.

All of the people on my street have their American flags waving in the breeze right now. It is an inspiring sight. I am asking all the Americans on this board to show their solidarity as Americans by flying a flag or even just putting a picture of one in your window.

My prayers and thoughts are with all Americans. And I want to thank all of the people on this board that are from other countries for their thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for reporting that, it's very inspiring. America doesn't like to be messed with. After the Cole was struck last year, when it was being hauled home, patriotic music was playing, but some sailor put his boombox on full blast playing Kid Rock's "American Bad Ass" as it pulled out! The sailors all cheered, some gave the middle finger to the enemy as a last act of defiance. When Kid Rock heard about this, he was so moved reduced his tickets to half price when he played the ship's home base and donated his profits to the families of the victims. America's spirit is strong. We will not be broken.

Back
Top Bottom