Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, I'm betting the new album starts like this:

U2: How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

1. Vertigo
2. Love and Peace or Else
3. All Because of You

...but the rest we don't know. As McCormick says, everything is fake. But, we're 100% sure about the first song and 99.9% sure about the other two. And we know there is a song called Miracle Drug somewhere out there.
When should we have a tracklisting? ATYCLB tracklisting was available in late August...

Actually, the guys from spain said that all because of you was sixth on their tracklist! So we know 1 and 6 of this puzzle...

I'm guessing that ABOY isn't a single considering it's track 6. I could be wrong of course. I honestly hope it's not a single though. From what I've heard I don't think I like it a whole lot.

Vertigo is a different story though.

Really? Track 6? Thanks, man, didn't know that. So it goes like this:

1. Vertigo
3. Unknown kickass song
4. Unknown kickass song
5. Unknown Edge-is-a-bad-mofo song
6. All Because of You
etc...

djerdap said:
Really? Track 6? Thanks, man, didn't know that. So it goes like this:

1. Vertigo
3. Unknown kickass song
4. Unknown kickass song
5. Unknown Edge-is-a-bad-mofo song
6. All Because of You
etc...

or:

1. Vertigo
2. Our Album Is Done (Get Off Our Backs)
3. My Band Belongs To Larry
4. Fans Are A Pain In The Ass
5. Fish And Chips Or Else
6. All Because Of You
7. Politician Hand Shaker
8. My Name Is Edge and I'm Goddamn Pissed Off
9. Punk Rock On Venus (Wild Honey Part II)
10. Walking Is For Chumps (co-wrote with a fan in Bono's car)
11. Tape Recorders On Sticks
12. All The Producers You Can't Leave Behind (Bonus Track/Japan only)

"9.Punk Rock On Venus(Wild Honey part II)"

Yee-haw! I'm rockin my ass off!

shart1780 said:
I'm guessing that ABOY isn't a single considering it's track 6. I could be wrong of course. I honestly hope it's not a single though. From what I've heard I don't think I like it a whole lot.

Vertigo is a different story though.

I don't think tracklisting has any bearing on if it's a single. Look at The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Please, Last Night on Earth, In God's Country, All I Want Is You, etc...

I like how U2 doesn't usually stack all the "singles" at the beginning and has hardly any filler.

I just hope it has some (or all of the songs we've been hearing about for years, such as:
Origin of the Species,

Tough,

Bulldozer,

All Because of You,

A man's a man,

Sometimes you can't make it on your own,

Full Metal Jacket.

Hymn to the Universe

Sky Hawk

One step closer to knowing

You can't give your heart away

Native Son

Lead me in the way I should go

Love and Peace (or else)

If I die, you don't

Jahweh

Yeah, I'm probably wrong. It's just wishful thinking I guess.

ATYCLB does have all of the singles stacked at the beginning though!!!

Just because ABOY may be track 6 right now, that doesn't mean it will end up as track 6. Remember that the order of the tracklist of ATYCLB changed before it was released? It very well may change this time too.

Last edited:
Hawkmoon 2771 requested Miracle Drug but Bono couldn't find it on the CD he had in his car so he said, "lets play this instead - Its called 'Love and Peace or Else' - this is on the album". I think this is what djerdap is referring to.

shart1780 said:
Yeah, I'm probably wrong. It's just wishful thinking I guess.

ATYCLB does have all of the singles stacked at the beginning though!!!

Yeah, but JT had its first 3 singles all at the beginning too. And the 4th single was a rather small hit at best - the 3 big hits were the first 3 songs. And these same 3 songs are loved by fans. So "front-loading" the album isn't a bad thing. :)

Here's what I hope (based on rumoured song titles only) :

1. Native Son
2. Tough
3. XanaX and Wine
4. The sun, the moon and the stars
5. Vertigo
6. Skyhawk
7. Origin of the Species
8. All Because of You
9. Lead me in the way I should go
10. Jahweh
11. Love and Peace or Else
12. Bulldozer

Just FYI, Hymn To The Universe was a working title from the Pop sessions and it became The Playboy Mansion.

Thanks, JOFO, I think your tracklist is the best! :laugh:

Or, at least, I think it's the secret tracklist that U2 would LOVE to put out if only they could get away with it.

Whatever the tracklist finally is and whenever the album is finally released, I will just be grateful that we have ONE MORE MUSICAL OFFERING FROM U2 to cherish for years to come! :up: :hug:

Fun thread idea.

THE GOAL IS SOUL.....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love: ;)

Lets be honest with ourselves here folks...
We have not a clue what will be on this album with the exception of "Vertigo" and " All Because of You". Neil Mcormick was quick to point out that all the "song titles" floating around the internet are indeed false. The source of that he of all this news he specualtes?..U2!..

The song titles almost always end up being false (changing) because Bono changes the lyrics 10 minutes before the song gets finished. The fun part will be matching up the rumored titles with the album tracks.

I'm already guessing Miracle Drug is Xanax and Wine and Full Metal Jacket is Vertigo.

There was a song titled 'the name of a god' from a non western culture. Western culture is based on Christianity. Yahweh is in the old testament so that can't be right. Most Likely a Greek, Roman or Egyption name.

Hopefully it's something like Jofo's track list

I remember reading that "Walk On" was made of two tracks: "Home" and "All That You Can't Leave Behind," which the Edge described as taking two 'horrible' songs, and making one good one. Maybe there are some mixes on this one too!

Back
Top Bottom