Trabants use during ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrobw

The Fly
Hello, I'm a relatively new U2 fan in that I've been a fan of theirs for the past 3 years based off of their ATYCLB album and the casual pick up of their Elevation tour DVD from Dublin, Ireland which made me addicted to their music.

I'm now exploring what the past tours looked and sounded like and I noticed that Zoo TV used trabant cars as part of its production. How exactly were they used? I recently downloaded a poor quality video bootleg of an outdoor Zoo TV show in Madison, WI and I saw that the cars could actually move around on cranes and cables. This totally looked cool and I was wondering if anyone who had attended one of the ZooTV shows could elaborate further on how they were used. The part of the show with Bullet the Blue Sky looked awesome. Thank you for any answers you may have.

9630fe5a.jpg

Achtung_Bebe said:

How cool would it be to own one of U2's trabants and suspend it from the living room ceiling?!

:yes: I am so making a miniature Trabant and hanging it from MY spacious Dublin apartment when I grow up. :wink: :drool:

On that note, does anyone have pictures of the Trabants? I've looked online but there hasn't been a lot... :(

Thank you for all of the input and responses to my questions. However, I some new questions now. For the Outside Broadcast tour, were the trabbies already hanging above the stage at the start of the show or were they lifted up with cables a couple songs into the set? Also, were there trabbies on cranes that actually extended out over the crowd to the b-stage? If so, does anyone remember the songs those effects were used with? I'm sorry, I'm just really being inquisitive.

Back
Top Bottom