TOUR TO CONTINUE BEYOND LA 3!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
Just got this email from a friend... Looks like those Boston rumors might be true!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

from www.youtwo.net

YouTwo.net staff have learned that U2 will
continue it's Elevation Tour beyond the November
19th date in Los Angeles.

YouTwo.net staff expect an announcement on the
tourdates within the next few days.

I heard the same thing from a u2 staff member
biggrin.gif

oooh yea!! GA line in December- can you feel it?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan

* U2TakeMeHigher *

hee hee... olive, khelia and i will be in line w/ ya!!! it's gonna be COOOOLD!! now we just need to get VelvetDress back over here!!

YAY! i am so happy!
smile.gif

Chicago???? no, just kidding. that's probably just wishful thinking anyway. hope the boys get some time to rest and tour the rest of the world

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

I hope the rumor refers to more USA dates this year, not next year's action. Besides Boston, it would be amazing if St. Louis got added after being rejected twice this year.

To me it sounds like another leg. Not more USA dates to add. Perhaps they are going to add on Mexico, or a bit of South America in December... OR even Australia. Wouldn't that be great for the other fans? I think we are jumping the gun a bit to think it's an add on of dates in NA. It could also be the rumoured European stadium tour that has been discussed for next spring. Who knows. Gotta wait and see.

God help me if they come to the Pacific Northwest again... My parents will disown me for sure then.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 11-05-2001).]

Originally posted by Angel:
It could also be the rumoured European stadium tour that has been discussed for next spring.

I don't think it's this because it's very unusual to put out tour dates for July/August when we're barely a week into November.

Though, I could see the Mexico thing happening.

wow... good thought, Angel. i guess i jumped to conclusions, given all the talk of Boston shows in Dec. but you're right- it could very well be Mexico or Latin America... i think it's a bit too early to announce dates for next summer, don't you?

unfortunately, i really don't think it's Australia. i'm sorry to all the Australian fans, but someone after the recent MSG shows asked both larry and edge (when they came out to sign autographs) if they were going to make it to Austrailia, and both said No. (Actually, Edge said "Well, we REALLY wanted to go there, but our schedule just wouldn't allow it", while Larry simply said "Not a chance.")

They do seem to be having an awful lot of US dates, but i think that the rest of the world is going to get a big stadium tour next spring/summer. (at least i *hope* so!)

guess we'll have to wait and see what these new dates are all about....

Huh
This is not right.....can't they play all round the UK and let us see them again we need them here too its getting cold we need some hot sounds!Share it out lads!
frown.gif

Maybe they should just go and move to the States

just wondering: how do you know this, amy? have you talked to someone? i'm curious because i'm still not convinced that these are going to be US dates... we've just been too lucky here in the States!

It?s kinda funny...or ironic...I stumbled on this thread while listening to my Popmart S?o Paulo bootleg, suddenly I thought of some good news...another false alarm though. Thinking better, it?s not funny at all.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 11-05-2001).]

Originally posted by *Ally*:
we've just been too lucky here in the States!

Yes.

But a december GA line in Boston can mean only one thing - bring on the Canadians.
wink.gif

Originally posted by anitram:
Yes.

But a december GA line in Boston can mean only one thing - bring on the Canadians.
wink.gif

LOL, anitram! us NYCers are pretty tough, but you guys from the north may take the cake on this one! anyway, i'll see you in line!! (knock on wood...)
wink.gif

Anitram,

You'll definitely see Ally there...she'll be number one in the queue, I guarantee it! (Her or Sad-Eyed Lady anyway!)
wink.gif

Hope your trip is going well Ally - say hi to Ruth, Gabriella, etc for me!

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
Money , Money , Money

well, we don't pay our concert ticks with pebbles and stones over here in Europe

I'm fairly sure same goes for Oz

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

LOL, julie! nah, i don't know about being #1 in the middle of december... it might just be a bit too cold for me! my trip was loads of fun- thanks for asking. 4 U2 shows in one week- woohoo! but i think you might have seen the best one- NYC 10/24 was just magical! i hope that all is well up in Canada- perhaps you'll be getting another show coming your way? i'll keep my fingers crossed for you...
smile.gif
(even though i really think these dates might be for Mexico/Latin America!)

I think the added dates are in the U.S.

I say that 'cause @u2 sezs they is gonna be...

(@u2 is pretty reliable...)

Originally posted by anitram:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather them go home and spend a lovely Christmas with their families. Not to mention, this is just adding insult to injury to everybody in Australia and the rest of the world.

I agree. I never thought I'd say this, but U2 really shouldn't do any more touring in NA until they've been elsewhere.

thanks for the update, tkramer. here is the article from @u2... though i'll believe it when i see it! (if this is true, however, we here in N. America are truly lucky. i believe that the rest of the world will get their share next spring/summer!)

New Elevation tour dates expected soon from U2
@U2, November 05, 2001

The 3rd leg of U2's super-successful Elevation 2001 World Tour will be extended with new dates due to be announced soon, @U2 has learned. The new dates would take the band back across North America for the third time this year and add to what is already the most successful tour in the band's history, and one of the most lucrative tours any band has ever staged.

The official announcement of new dates could come as soon as tomorrow, November 6th, with ticket sales happening as soon as this Saturday, November 10th. Such an announcement schedule is similar to how both the first and third legs of the tour in North America were announced.

Details of exact dates and cities are not available yet.

? @U2, 2001.

Originally posted by Salome:
funny how most of you also agreed on the "Bono should take a break and get some rest"-thread

Oh so true! Boston BLAH! They need some rest.. if they decide tour, like someone mention maybe elsewhere! In the near future I hope they go back to Mexico, I defintely want to see them there!
smile.gif
But for now, Rest.... Rest.... Rest!
smile.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-05-2001).]

My guess is that Boston will not be on the boards for these additional dates. Bono said at the Providence show they would not be back in the area for awhile. I think U2 consider Providence close enough to Boston to count as playing that region.

My guess is the southern half of the U.S. that was skipped on this entire third leg.
I wouldnt be surprised to shows scheduled in some of the following cities.

Phoenix, Little Rock, St Louis (this one needs to be scheduled), Nashville, Birmingham AL, Atlanta, Tampa or Orlando, etc. This time of year I dont think they are going to want to venture to far north in the U.S. I would also guess that some shows in Mexico may happen and that may be where the Elevation tour ends.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-05-2001).]

It would be great if they continued it outside America. Let Australia and S.America enjoy that great tour!

------------------
"You see things and say 'Why?'; but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'" -- George Bernard Shaw

I have a dream - and it's seeing U2 in Zagreb, Croatia.
I know that that's a long long shot, but just this saturday I attended Depesh Mode gig in my hometown Zagreb (and they were fabulous, but again nothing special compared to U2 in Torino), so if they can do it, why couldn't U2?

Oh please please make this wish of mine come true!

------------------
Everyone loves me
everyone thinks that I'm georgeours
they wait for their turn to meet me

Alice - you're right that I need to drag my jetlagged butt back across many oceans and come see the guys and all of you again! I had such a BLISSFUL week......it was a real treat to meet you after hearing so much about you. I'm so so so excited for all of you who might get more shows! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

May I just say that I did not sleep at ALL on the 36 hour plane trip back to India.... was still too ELEVATED!!!
smile.gif

aw, jennifer! if we do get more shows, things will definitely not be the same without you.
frown.gif
i had such a blast meeting you and carrie- you are just two of the sweetest people i've ever met!
smile.gif
i hope that all is well in india- who knows, maybe next spring/summer the boys will hit your side of the world (i *sincerely* hope so!).

stay elevated- remember, nothing can take that feeling from you!!
smile.gif

Money , Money , Money

I tend to agree. The US is the easiest and most profitable place for them to tour. After two legs here, they're still selling out dates, having a great time and making shitloads of money. Why leave???

Sucks for the rest of the world if these added US dates are true, however. At the very least they should go down to Mexico. I wouldn't get my hopes up for more east coast dates though. If there are added US dates, I think Blue Room is probably right. U2 totally ignored the South on this leg, and come to think of it, played very few dates there on the first leg.

Back
Top Bottom