TOUR TO CONTINUE BEYOND LA 3!!! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2001, 06:09 AM   #61
you are what you is

Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
Those of you in the States who are getting pissed off about the greed of this: remember not to buy tickets for the shows. This will make it easier for me to get good seats.
actually, 'greed' I would understand
but I just don't see U2 losing money on touring Australia or Europe

I wouldn't really understand it if they decided to do another U.S. leg (not that I would lose any sleep over it, I will get to see them when they do decide to get back over here) instead of spreading the joy a bit

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Old 11-06-2001, 06:40 AM   #62
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha:
Those of you in the States who are getting pissed off about the greed of this: remember not to buy tickets for the shows. This will make it easier for me to get good seats.
heh...it's so nice to know that some people don't have to worry about money. forget "greed" and "pissed off." i'm fucking broke! i couldn't afford to see them three times even if i wanted to.

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Old 11-06-2001, 06:47 AM   #63
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Whortense:
heh...it's so nice to know that some people don't have to worry about money. forget "greed" and "pissed off." i'm fucking broke! i couldn't afford to see them three times even if i wanted to.

Same here! *lol*

Well...I COULD afford it...but I really should leave my money in my savings account.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."
Old 11-06-2001, 08:11 AM   #64
The Fly

Location: Boston, which seems way too far from Dublin right now...and that has absolutely nothing to do with U2
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room:
My guess is that Boston will not be on the boards for these additional dates. Bono said at the Providence show they would not be back in the area for awhile. I think U2 consider Providence close enough to Boston to count as playing that region.
Bono also said at Boston 4 in June that he didn't think they'd be back here in the fall, and Providence happened. Put the smart money on Boston.

Amy

Old 11-06-2001, 08:18 AM   #65
The Fly

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by amybatt:
Bono also said at Boston 4 in June that he didn't think they'd be back here in the fall, and Providence happened. Put the smart money on Boston.

Amy

***high fives amybatt*** I agree. The SMART money is on Boston! See you all there!

Old 11-06-2001, 08:37 AM   #66
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Well, we will just have to wait and see, but, the rest of the world seems to forget the sheer population of the US. I am not for one minute gonna say that they haven't played enough in the US but there are tons of people down there. And why does it matter so much to all of you if it's a money thing? Not to mention they are simply having fun. Don't knock U2 for liking America, they always have.
Anyway, I understand Australian fans complaints I really do, but do you see us Canadians crying over practically NO dates in our country !! Come on, we are a big country and they barely played us at all last leg and this leg in Canada is a joke. If you don't live in Ontario I guess you don't rate. So there are a lot of countries that get shafted, one being - YES - in NA.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."
Old 11-06-2001, 09:19 AM   #67
War Child

Calm down people! This isn't even official yet!! Not only that, you don't know where they are playing! If they tour midwest and southeast I really wouldn't be too hard on them...
Old 11-06-2001, 09:25 AM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:21 AM
my secret source told me they are playing olathe and st helens and nowhere else
Old 11-06-2001, 09:25 AM   #69
Refugee

Local Time: 12:21 PM
I tend to be a reasonable person most of the time. I know money and profit are obviously important, it´s a business anyway, but I deeply wish that U2 haven´t become all about business. Not them.

I do think that they keep on going back to US because they have great fans there, people who really love them and their music, and have been with them since their beginning. I´m glad to know that not all americans are into silly pop and hip hop or whatever, despite all that crap has been exported throughout the world.

I have been struggling to keep some hope that they will come again, although I might admit, it´s getting harder and harder...lots of loyal fans, from local lists here, are getting more and more disappointed. It´s tough when you need to say positive things and keep hope rising when you don´t feel exactly that way anymore. At least Bono said something about México...as for Brazil...

Okay, end of rant

------------------
Seu país é lindo. Seu povo é lindo. Suas vozes são lindas. Não esqueceremos vocês. - Bono - São Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 11-06-2001).]
Old 11-06-2001, 09:27 AM   #70
War Child

Calm down people! This isn't even official yet!! Not only that, you don't know where they are playing! If they tour midwest and southeast I really wouldn't be too hard on them...
Old 11-06-2001, 10:47 AM   #71
cm
The Fly

Does this mean Fargo still has a chance? It may only be 1 in a million but that's still a million times better than no chance at all.
Old 11-06-2001, 11:02 AM   #72
sv
The Fly

They have to hit Miami again because Adam Clayton is still single and is probably pleading for the band to go down there again.
Old 11-06-2001, 11:15 AM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well amybatt, if you are right, great. I really dont care. I wasnt cutting down Boston or anything. My opinion was and still is that they wont be going there. Its just an opinion.

someone to blame, keep doing your high fives, whatever that means. Hows the campaign going anyway???????
Old 11-06-2001, 12:22 PM   #74
War Child

I see no reason for them to go back to the northeast. Aside from the approaching shite weather, that's one of the areas of the US they actually have toured to death (that and southern CA). No surprise though, that's where the largest populations are concentrated.

It was a surprise that they played only two dates in Chicago this leg, however, which is also a heavily populated area with a huge U2 fan base (and no other midwest dates). I don't expect them to come back here though.

If I had to guess at possible additional dates, I'd say they might go from LA down to Mexico City (or at least they should), then to AZ, back to TX, possibly New Orleans, then Atlanta and down to Florida (I hope).

The sun, sand and surf will be waiting for U2, and so will I!

[This message has been edited by atikicat (edited 11-06-2001).]
Old 11-06-2001, 12:36 PM   #75
War Child

I think they will hit the Northwest and Southeast; two huge geographic areas which they have ignored so far on the 3rd leg.