Toronto Area U2 Fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
This Friday, April the 5th, you are all in for a treat!! The U2 cover band "Elevation" is going to be playing at Head's or Tails in Etobicoke. I have seen this band play, and they are awesome, so you are in for an incredible night. One of our very own Interferer's is planning to join the band on stage. (Good Luck Mrs. Edge!!!) The band is going to be taking the stage at 10pm, so be there, or be square!!!

Come for dinner early, between 7:30-8:00pm if you want to meet other U2 fans!!

The entire GTA group will be there, and there are even Interfere's travelling from south of the border to see the show!!!

Directions to Heads or Tails.....

By Car:

Take the 427 south to Brownsline. It is in a plaza on
your left, just past Evan's Avenue..

By TTC:
Take the subway to Royal York Station and take Bus #15
(EVANS) to Heads or Tails which is at
Brownsline....buses only run every 30 minutes from the
subway and stop after 10:00pm

The address and phone number is:

847 Brown's Line, Etobicoke - (416) 253-0037

I can't wait to see you all there!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 04-01-2002).]

Darnit I cant go!
frown.gif

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest

Oh boy...this is starting to look very official now. I think I may have to throw up from sheer terror!!!!!! (maybe everyone will take their bathroom break when I'm on!)

Hate to miss this one..., but have reservations at the kidless, husbandless SPA!!!!

Someone had better take video of the dance. Get that belly groovin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She moves.....

It's gonna be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(*****THE FLY to ACROBAT*****)
------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 04-01-2002).]

I would love to come but need some more details. Where exactly is Heads or Tails? I can't say I'll be there for sure, but cross your fingers. I would really like to meet all of u.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by pop_mofo:
I would love to come but need some more details. Where exactly is Heads or Tails? I can't say I'll be there for sure, but cross your fingers. I would really like to meet all of u.

Peace.

Pardon my ignorance. I now realize you already posted the address. Sorry. Hope to see you all Friday.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

[This message has been edited by pop_mofo (edited 04-01-2002).]

I edited my post, but I had the times wrong. The band will be on at 10pm, so dinner will be 7:30-8pm. Then we have time for drinks etc. before the show!!

See you all then! I am looking forward to meeting other Interferer's!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

I?ll be coming in from Hamilton... Anyone need a ride?

e-mail me: sstula@hotmail.com

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
Visit: www.bombasity.com
i am CANADIAN

[This message has been edited by Busiu (edited 04-02-2002).]

Originally posted by icelady:
what time are you planning on coming? A group of us are going to be there for wround 7, 7:30. How early or late are you showing up and how many of you are there?

I will probably show up for 7, 7:30 as-well, and It may just be me, I'm not sure if I can convince my wife to come also.

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
i am CANADIAN

I have spoken to Shawn Brady, the Bono of the band, and they are getting conflicting stories about when they are going on. It may be as late as 11pm. I am still going to show up early though, because a night filled with food, guinness, U2 fans, and finished off with a performance by an incredible U2 tribute band, sounds like the perfect way to spend an friday night.
Jess had her first complete dress rehearsal last night, and this is what 'Bono' had to say about her
Spread the word to Pleba land and U2 GTA....JESS IS GOING TO AMAZE
EVERYONE....I don't even feel like performing anymore...anything we will do
is anticlimactic!!! seriously!

Of course, he is just being modest, Elevation is going to rock too!! See you all soon!!!

------------------
***Spinny***

OMG...he is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am here to tell you guys, that although they sounded fabulous last week, they sounded even MORE amazing last night. I guarantee that any of you who go will be BLOWN AWAY!!!

I absolutely can't WAIT for Friday!!!!!
smile.gif

Hi eveyone. Although you don't know me, you most likely will come Friday. However, I don't think I'll be making it for dinner, so I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any cover for the club?

2. How are we identifying ourselves?

My brother and I will be coming and will likely wear U2 t-shirts/clothing to identify us. Is this how everyone else is ggoing? I'd like to know just so I'll be able to say hi. Thanks for the help and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by pop_mofo:

1. Is there any cover for the club?

2. How are we identifying ourselves?

Cool!! I just called the bar, and there is no cover charge. In fact, the guy that answered the phone seemed to think that was a strange question.

As for identifying ourselves, I don't think that there is any system set up. Perhaps we should wear name tags or something
wink.gif
!! There will most likely be a large group of people wearing U2 shirts and such. That would be the U2-GTA group. Just walk up and introduce yourself. We are a friendly bunch
biggrin.gif

See you all tomorrow!!

------------------
***Spinny***

*bump* Just making sure that noone forgets!!

------------------
***Spinny***

Has there been any confirmation when they will begin playing?

Is there an opening band?

Thanks,

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
i am CANADIAN

Originally posted by Busiu:
Has there been any confirmation when they will begin playing?

Is there an opening band?

Thanks,

Sadly, we still have no idea when they are playing. I think that the bar wants them to go on as late as possible, because they make more money off us that way.

I don't think that there will be an opening band. There wasn't the last time that Elevation played, and the web page didn't say anything about one. I don' think that there normally is with a cover band.

See you tonight!!

------------------
***Spinny***

Originally posted by Arun V:
*bump...

lets hope the border guards dont' harrass me.

They better not harras you or they will have to deal with your three bodyguards!! We are ready to rock em'

Hurry up and get your butt down here to Canada. I am bored shitless at work, and counting the hours till tonight!!

------------------
***Spinny***

Back
Top Bottom