Top Of the pops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i cannot belive what they have just done, they played sometimes but cut out the build up part...... jeesus christ that song isnt the same without the "CAN YOU HEAR ME WHEN I SING, YOUR THE REASON I SIGN" why the hell did they cut it

booooooooo

As am I. They cut the part the whole song is building up to. It seems really drab without that bit!

I wonder was it to do with Bono's voice. The radio versions I've heard have left that bit in so I can only assume that Bono didn't feel up to the high notes (his voice did crack a bit during the performance). Either that or TOTP felt it was too long (equally possible).

bono has sung the high notes on every live performance of that song... so i cant imagine him not doing it here

trust me you dont wanna download it..... they cut the best bit out of the song... they ripped the soul out of it, all so busted can have their spot

Shocking...its a crime against music to cut that part of the song. Kue, I too was gobsmacked...my other half will testify to this as he had to sit and listen to me rant about it for 10 mins. :mad:

but hey we all know the beauty of the full song... and hopefully we will get to hear it loads on the new tour :wink:

What the F... is wrong with TOTP ??,, Why they cut it puzzles me since they dont mind showing all that shitty teen music in full lenght.. I guess TOTP just focus on the airheads who buys the flavor of the week singles,,, Must be the only explanation..

And all this crap about Bono´s voice is getting old..

The same date on which they recorded Vertigo. October 15th (I believe) 2004. I was actually there and I can't remember them playing the part that was cut out (but then again I was too stunned to actually take everything in and it was the first time I ever heard the song, so it could be that they did play it).

:| I have not watched yet, but who in their ever loving freaking mind would ever cut that part ou??

:banghead:

Thanks for your prompt work Alan! You are a demi god! :wink:

plus you can actually hear where the song builds up... and then goes straigh to the verse after the build up

Heee... couldn't really watch cause I am still at work, but is his shirt held together by some sort of clip? Am guessing he actually did rip it right after they snapped this shot
totp05.jpg

Just like he did during Jonathan Ross... :wink:

Sometimes is a great song, but i think it is a bit too long for TV and radio, they wanna play as many songs as possible, so i guess we'll be getting a lot of early cut off's on radio and TV when the single is released. But if they wanna cut it off they had better skipped the 2nd verse because now they have taken the heart out of the song.

RIP OFF
TOTP should be ashamed of themselves, you could see Bono working hinmself upto it,

TOTP is bad at the best of times, i havent watched it since er... U2 were last on

I can not believe them, im in the mood to email the BBC and tell them exactly what i think.

Its a farce the whole essence of the song is missing,

Thanks enajh2 for sharing!

And returning to this performance:
I agree with you all. The song is just not so good without this powerful part, but... what can you expect from a commercial music program for pop-kids? I'm totally not surprised...

You can definatly tell it was edited out, it looked like they say it originally.

Back
Top Bottom