Top (insert number here) most awesomely overrated U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:

well, you know how i feel about the studio version of bad, so i had to include it.

Now we know why you got the acoustic encore at the concert you attended: due punishment for your continual blasphemy against Bad! :wink:

Take me, save me from myself
I know that you’ve been good to me
Now I need you not to be
Wake me, I fear I can’t be asleep
Try not to look so bored
You’re buying things you cannot afford
I got your drive, I know you want my
Xanax and wine

brilliant :drool: :drool:

Xanax and Wine >>> Fast cars.......bitches:rockon:

Xanax And Wine definitely has the better lyrics. However, I find the way Bono sings parts of the song to be grating, and Edge's guitar isn't nearly as good as it is in Fast Cars. If Fast Cars had Xanax And Wine's lyrics, I think things would be just about perfect.

What I think is sad is that no matter which you pick out of Fast Cars and XAW, they both have better lyrics than almost everything on HTDAAB.

Axver said:
Now we know why you got the acoustic encore at the concert you attended: due punishment for your continual blasphemy against Bad! :wink:
:mad:

down.gif

Sorry, but One could never be overrated.
For me, it's perfect, despite the fact that it's everywhere.
There's some overrated stuff on AB and Pop, at least as far as this board is concerned.

In terms of overrated by U2 fans I would have to go with Mercy. I kept hearing over and over about how great this song was and when I finally listened to it I was really disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were to high... :shrug:

The other songs I have are more overplayed IMO than overrated:

IWF
Pride
NYD
SBS
WOWY
Streets :reject:
ISHFWILF
Bullet
One
UTEOW :reject:
Beautiful Day