Top 80 U2 Songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice list. Hmmm, the only question I have is how did Desire make it as high as #26??? And Everlasting Love ranked higher than Zooropa? Jebus, I love Everlasting Love but it's a cover!!

Desire was a number 1 single, and I dare say it's U2's catchiest song ever. And that is surpisingly low for Zooropa.

Obviously there's some bias in that certain songs were played just recently. The top 4 were predictable, and consistent with every other poll I've seen. But how, for instance, did The Fly get ahead of Pride? And this is the first poll I've seen where New Years Day wasn't in the top 7-8 songs.

And let's face it, there's no way Acrobat should be just 2 slots ahead of Boy/Girl!!!

Well, because I'm a stat whore, I wanted to see how the albums rated.

Giving each song points (1 Got 80 points, 80 got 1 point), here's the total.

NB: Just for songs on Albums

AB: 539 (all songs made top 80)
JT: 486 (Even the big three couldn't help it top AB)
Pop: 443 (that's right, Pop! - Every song voted - fairly even spread)
ATYCLB: 404 (top 6 songs did well, no support though)
War: 238 (2 big songs, 2 medium songs)
UF: 235 (3 big songs - not much else)
R&H: 212 (the biggest surprise, after Pop? - 3 big ones, then nothing - Heartland the third biggie)
Boy: 162 (I will follow, not much else)
Zooropa: 160 (under-rated IMO - Lemon, not much else)
October: 126 ('nuff said - Gloria is their best song, IMO
smile.gif
)

The rest of the songs totalled 235. You could argue that the B-sides could go with that era's Album, but it wouldn't change much.

I like stats.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

Originally posted by sv:
Obviously there's some bias in that certain songs were played just recently. The top 4 were predictable, and consistent with every other poll I've seen. But how, for instance, did The Fly get ahead of Pride?

Maybe because The Fly is a better song.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sv:
And let's face it, there's no way Acrobat should be just 2 slots ahead of Boy/Girl!!!

No kidding. And two slots from the bottom of the list, no less. I don't think so. But then I never agree with top 50 or 100 or 80 lists. Heck, I can't even keep *my* top songs consistent for more than a day or so
tongue.gif

Hey achtung2k.. out of curiousity... how many people voted?

I like the list. Very nice. Though I'd like to see "discotheqhe" in the teens.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Hey achtung2k.. out of curiousity... how many people voted?

Well, seeing that it was a short amoun of time to vote, only 26 people voted, but each with their top 10 song selections

------------------
"i know that this is not goodbye"

Yeah i thought there weren't too many people voting on that poll.
Really you need about 2000-5000 votes to get a clear indication, and even though the Top Ten might seem reasonable, it would give a better indication of where certain songs sit if they vote their top 15 or 20.
Anyway, just my opinion- btw I didn't know people held In a little while in such high regard.
I love the Live versions of it, but i really don't like the studio version at all.
Just my two cents worth.
Bless you all.
WHYWHY

Back
Top Bottom