Top 5 most underrated U2 songs EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mofo
if u wear that velevet dress
daddys gonna pay
miami (actually the whole POP album)
another time another place (so glad im not the only one who thinks this)

Not a very unique list, but here's mine.

1. Promenade
2. North and south of the river (the live version is even better)
3. Wake up dead man
4. Like a song
5. One step closer

1. Elvis Presley And America - I know this one takes allot of heat but I personally love it, the raw unfinished vocals give it a quality that allot of U2 songs could use - spontaneity.

2. Drowning Man - The best song on War, hands down, I think it's some of Bono's best vocal work up until that point.

3. The Playboy Mansion - I think it's the lyrics that kill this one, because they are dated with references to Michael Jackson and Coke and so on. It's a shame because I think its a lovely song.

3. Wild Honey - Very catchy, sure the opening lines about being a monkey are pretty goofy but it has a warmth and a sense of humor that appeals to me.

4. Hawkmoon 269 - I love the lyrics, especially the chorus and the way the song builds, even the choir (which I'm usually not a fan of) works well.

Screwtape2 said:
1. Walk To The Water: The best U2 song in my opinion.
2. Luminous Times: A very powerful vocal performance and song.
3. Deep In The Heart: The sound of sweat and sexual frustration in the darkness.
4. Elvis Presley & America: One of Bono's best vocal performances and great drumming even if it is backwards and slowed down.
5. Love Comes Tumbling: Adam's best song.

Oh Screwtape, you´re the best!! I just get cold chills everytime I listen to Walk to the Water. I think I can listen to this 10x a day.

All of your picks are ace!!

Back
Top Bottom