Tomb Raider 2 ST: 2 songs by U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kilgor

Babyface
Tomb Raider 2 Soundtrack listing:

1. U2 - Again

2. TLC - First Ever

3. Missy Elliot/Timbaland - Let's Go

4. Melanie C - Revolution

5. Pink feat. Lil' Kim - Stay Together Or Not

6. Meja - Shout

7. Mariah Carey - A World Without War

8. Eminem - Not To Die

9. Alanis Morissette - Get Up, Get Up

10. Everything But The Girl - Missing (Tomb Raider Mix)

11. U2 - Try To Believe This

12. Lene Marlin - All Alone

13. The Neptunes - Lady Weapon

14. Chemical Brothers - You Can Fly

15. Anjelina Jolie - For The Time Being Goodbye

also how did you find this out, ive looked all over and couldnt find anything online about it :shrug:

if it's true, Try to Believe This sounds like its gonna be awesome :up:

Again sounds like it's gonna be crap :down:

Too much like Always, yeah we got it the first time Bono, we dont need it "Again" :down:

yeah, ive checked the official website and done all kinds of searches and found nada.

the movie is released in july so if it is true we could have some new u2 pretty soon. that would be nice.

Hopefully they can make the actual movie worthwhile this time. I saw the movie on cable and felt like I was getting a bad deal for the money.

"Try To Believe This" is an apt title for a song we have no proof exists. What's with U2 and Tomb Raider anyway? Lara Croft popped up in PopMart, then there were the "Elevation" remixes on the first movie, and now this. The games suck and the movies suck and the character design is even pretty pedestrian, so what the hell is up?

Anyway, it could be true, but if it is, they're probably fairly catchy but ultimately dull throw-aways like "Electrical Storm" and nothing inspired like "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" if the band is giving them to this soundtrack.

Last edited:
I've been doing a little research on this, and came across a Mel C board where the poster claims to have heard the tracklisting on a local radio station.

still doesn't prove anything though...

The last tomb raider's soundtrack was mostly electronic music. This supposed tracklisting has next to nothing along those same lines. That doesnt mean anything, I just thought I'd post my thoughts.

I have no proof that it's true or untrue.

:hmm: if it's true.. I hope at least one of the songs will be an "Elevation" like smash-rocking-jumping-around-and-singing-on-top-of-my-lung-song again :hyper:

1st movie was ... ah well.. ok
don't think I'd like the second one better... but I almost KNOW I'll watch it anyways :shrug: don't ask.. I am a sucker for Action movies

Nothing but a pure rumor in terms of an album release, U2 will release one and I mean one single before the new album to promote it and wouldn't just debut them on a soundtrack.

If it turns out to be true, these have to be extras from the existing sessions or previous sessions.

Cmon folks!!

Swan269 said:

well, what's her name sang Satillite of Love on the MDH soundtrack.....

that same what's her name also has a quite impressive solo album. it's all traditional western european/poppish tunes. kinda nice. and no she's not trying to sing well on mdh.

Poor what's her name! How was it described when it first came out " like a piano dropped on the tail of a drugged cat"! The first version of Satellite Of Love does have too much screeching. Though she may have been singing it in character. She was a person with mental illness and had seen her "lover" Tom Tom take a dive off the roof. The second version (Danny Saber Mix) definitley less screeching / more of a duet with Bono / and Larry is on it performing wonderfully.

Back
Top Bottom