Tom Petty on Rattle and Hum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
If this was already discussed, I'm sorry for bringing it up. But on iTunes it is listing the artists that appeared on Rattle and Hum, and Tom Petty is showing up.

Does anyone know if :

a) This Tom Petty from the Heartbreakers?

b) If he did indeed do something on R&H?

c) And if so, what did he do with R&H?

Thanks. I don't have a cd right now of it, so I can't look at the notes.

You are correct, u2head. :)

I also wasn't aware that Tom Petty was involved at all in Rattle and Hum.

Additionally, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty have toured together (it was a great concert, mwahaha).

Benmont Tench is a member of the Heartbreakers :yes:

The other connection between Petty and U2 is Jimmy Iovine. He produced both bands and is the founder of and (I think) chairman of Interscope records.

does anyone know if tom and bono or anyone from either group are close with one another? both are amazing at what they do and have the staying power unlike so many bands out there. have they ever colaborated on a project or even on stage with each other?

Bono also recorded "Give me back my job" with Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Tom Petty back in 96. For a Carl Perkins tribute CD.

I honestly can't tell you if they've ever even spoke to each other. I'm sure they probably have at some point, but their conversation was not public at all, nor did it make an impact on either singer. During Flanagan's book, he talks about every single interaction Bono had on the entire Zoo TV tour. If Bono would have walked by Tom Petty and said hello, Flanagan would have wrote at least a page about it. So I don't think they know each other very well.

Petty is my 2nd favorite. He's the man.

Back
Top Bottom