Today I had right in front of me, U2's Big - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2001, 04:18 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Actually, U2 don't have ANY jets. They're rented, from charter companies, with vinyl stickers slapped on. If you check my post of Elevation Air images, and click the "before/during/after" links, you'll see the same airframes with and without the badges - same basic paint jobs, just missing the U2 emblems.

Pity there's a wire(?) running across that second pic, PRECISELY where the registration number is. Do you, by any chance, have a clearer shot of the engine, showing the number painted on it, or remember what the number was? (the second shot, an inch higher or lower, probably would have been PERFECT!) It's definately the same charter company, but it kind of looks like a different reg. number...

Old 11-13-2001, 04:41 AM   #17
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Local Time: 11:34 PM
I have more pics of it but I need to look thru them.
I'll look at them on Wed. I have to go to bed now.

Old 11-13-2001, 06:11 AM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Cool pictures . Wouldn't mind on hopping on that plane to Vegas. Love to see what the inside looks like!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 12:52 PM   #19
War Child

Just so y'all know, that line estimate was a little off... I showed up at 9a.m. and I was number 210... it was definately worth the wait.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:44 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 12:34 AM
That's so cool, NicaMom, we are only about 10 min from Van Nuys airport, we're staying with my Aunt, and we may just have to drive by and check it out!!!
And about the GA line, we were there at 6am, and we were already 88-89, at about 11 I went to the bathroom and some guys had 300 and 305 on their hands, so it was pretty crowded. You probably didn't see the line wrapped around in those barriers they put up, that was the best idea anyone has ever had! Thanks Staples for making it a great day!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 01:59 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:34 PM
There you go again nicamom.... just last night I said to my boys I've known people to live in old buses and train carriages, why not disused aircraft?(I saw footage of hundreds lined up in the desert somewhere) If we landed one in the backyard we could use it as a music room(not sure about acoustics, but hey, it would keep the rain off and if it was the right disused plane it may even have a jacuzzi.)
So.....I would like to put an order in for the one with the suitcase motif on the tail.I'm sure it would have atmosphere.I'm paving round my house at the moment and was considering discreetly including a U2 motif. If I continue it could serve as a landing strip...well it could...maybe.Ideas woman
Thanks for posting nicamom.
Old 11-13-2001, 02:57 PM   #22
Banned

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Lmfao @ Abel!!! Sorry Abel!! HAHHAHHAH!!
Thanks for the email, Nicamom! I'm going over there tomorrow morning, and before the show on the 19th!
That plane musta flew over my house practically! Whoo hoo!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert