To U2, the band, not their f**kin' principle management. IMPORTANT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty confused here. As far as I'm aware, PM has not threatened Interference at all over this. I'm sure they realize that they need to spend their time going after the real threats (torrent sites, basically). With that said, I would sort of understand if they went after every leak of the album, as it's their duty to protect the copyright. Surely they don't want to go after U2 fansites, but they do have a responsibility. Regardless though, I'm pretty it hasn't come to that.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of people here are going to buy the album, likely the day it comes out. Otherwise, I would have not taken any part in posting the album here. If anything, I looked at it as a way to help promote the album. Pretty much everyone has mentioned that because the album is so good, they'll be buying a number of copies on the very first day for friends. On some level, I'm sure U2/PM/Interscope/Universal realizes this, which is why, as far as I know, Interference has not been threatened. Honestly, the people that are actually pirating the album from this leak and have no intention of buying the album probably wouldn't anyway. I just don't see them losing any sales over this.

I'm very sorry to hear that some stores are already selling the album. That is going to have a much larger negative impact on first-week sales then the leak ever could (and as I said, I think that will actually have a positive impact). It's very important to report these places if you see them, and to NOT buy a copy yourself, no matter how tempting it may be.

At any rate, I wouldn't start sending hate mail to anyone involved with U2 just yet. I think they've handled the situation just fine thus far.

No Interference has been in no way threatened by Universal,Island, PM or anyone else. And I do believe they are handling this well . Have no idea where this came from but it's not true at all.

as i am only using my daughter's father's computer and he doesnt allow me to download music (condidering he's only running on windows 98), i will wait patiently until the album is released in australia and buy it. but at least where i come from i dont have to order it in advance as i am one of a few u2 fans in the town, therefore the record shop will be overloaded with the album as it was after the release of the last album.

i am so looking forward to listening to the album, having been a fan for the last 24years.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
You know while I support Interference, calling U2's management "idiots" will not sit well with the band or their management. No one I've seen has threatened this site directly. We all need to cool off until the threat is real.
I totally agree. U2's management is concerned about the not-so-loyal music fans who don't pay a cent for music because they can get it for free. I myself would rather have the first listen on the day I purchase the album, but I respect honest fans who buy the album after already downloading it/hearing it.

I downloaded the album, however I am also buying the album (deluxe version AND vinyl) and have also bought 3 different versions of Vertigo.

i d/led it, and burned a copy for myself, and 2 of my uncles

and yet we are still going to be the first 3 in the cue on monday morning when it goes on sale :drool:

Back
Top Bottom