to those who frequent Everything You Know Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sp1104

Babyface
Thank you.

thank you for being the most passionate and kind members of any message board i've come across. you didn't know it and you were just being yourselves but you all have helped me in a way you can't imagine.

i lost a very dear person to me who i loved very much and was just as passionate as all of you about U2. without my friend around this whole experience of waiting for the new U2 would not have been as much fun, but i found my friend in all of you who come here and posted. i laughed with all of you and groaned with frustration as i waited to hear more. i read the good opinions, thoughts, and feelings with the bad. I've lurked for some time and occasionally picked up a couple mp3s (Vertigo, AYGTWF, Fast Cars, Mercy, SUCMIOYO on SNL).

I've tried to stay pure until the big day and i finally had to come say thank you. like i said before you didn't know it, you were just being yourselves but you made the waiting by myself a little easier and lot more fun. so thank you again. you don't realize how much it has meant.

you're all very awesome (except those in NY who suck right now. )

s.p.

favorite mb comment: U2 leaked the this on purpose./ Dude, you're on drugs. but you might be right.

I too, am sorry for your loss. We welcome you here and send our love out to you.

I know what you mean about this place being so important. It means a lot to me, too. All of these people to share this love for U2. I am so grateful. Always able to be up to date and informed about the goings on and the energy and excitement that is shared here, too.:wave: :heart: :hug:

you know, it's posts like this that reflect the true spirit of this place. sure, it's just an internet message board, but we're individuals with our own lives and stories, and our own personal relationships with the music. it's funny how people you only *meet* through some words on a screen can touch our lives.

i'm sorry for the loss of your friend, sp1004. at the same time, i'm happy to hear that our incessant obsessive rambling has helped you through a difficult time. :hug:

thanks for coming out of hiding to share this with us. hope you stick around! :wave:

Last edited:
this is a fun and special place - I really love the excitment around here when we all have communal u2 listening party - everyone helps to get mp3's and video out to everyone else
I'm sorry for your loss but I hope you hang out with us to share in the new u2 excitement
and yes - thanks for enabling my inner u2 geek:)

apparently you haven't met jick yet....

Hey!
I'm glad you decided to post, please come and post more often!

Sorry about your friend, thats really sad, but the U2 fanbase and U2's music are just the kind that can transcend grief and turn it into hope and joy!!!

All the best!
Arthur

:hug: aww thats soo sweet..
Sorry for your loss, but i'm glad we all made you feel better, U2 fans are the best fans in the world. :dance:

:wave: Stay a little longer and join the party!

I can only imagine what it will be like here when the tour starts:drool:

Bono said it best:

I know it aches, and your heart it breaks,
You can only take so much.
Walk on ...

My heart goes out to you. Close your eyes, listen to the music and remember your wonderful friend, who, I'm sure, is with you in spirit.

Back
Top Bottom