To the Dissatisfied

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
That WAS what upset people, codes from U2.com not working and tickets going away so quickly on Ticketmaster's site and lots of GA tickets ending up on Ebay.

I don't see how you can view that as "unfortunate events" yet lynch U2.com's codes/tickets ratio where we don't even know what went wrong: could be underestimating the demand, could be getting less tickets than they hoped for. That, to me, was unfortunate - and certainly not as intentional as you like to think.

u2girl,

Please tell me how the following statements made by u2.com could fit into your "underestimating demand/tickets made avaliable to them" theory.

Q - Does it matter when Propaganda subscribers join U2.Com ?
A - All U2.Com members will be given access to buy tickets one week ahead of the general public. The more people in membership prior to the general public sale, the more likely we can guarantee your ticket choice. This offer to Propaganda subscribers puts them first in line if they take up membership of U2.Com - guaranteeing priority ticketing. (When U2 tickets go on sale, there is usually quite a rush!)

Q - What about non-Propaganda subscribers who become members of U2.Com ?
A -All U2.Com members will be able to buy tickets for the 2005 Tour but Propaganda subscribers who join U2.Com go straight to the front of the line when the concert tickets are made available.

Also to clarify my other post, I am more upset about the u2.com membership fraud than the ticketing debacle because I view the ticketing problems to be a product of human incompetence. It is upsetting but more forgiveable because I don't believe it was done intentionally. I have been more upset about the u2.com memberships because I feel that u2 fans were deliberately deceived about the benefits of u2.com memberships.

I would like to say that I am very pleased that u2.com is offering membership refunds to those that feel they were misled. I think it is the only decent thing to do given their deceptive selling methods.

U2girl said:

Mocking my posts is your problem, not mine. Please stop.

I wasn't mocking your posts, I was simply telling maude that the two of you were unlikely to ever agree because of your tendency to always see U2's actions as perfect.

You can post what you think. I can post what I think. Big deal.

Originally posted by maude

The more people in membership prior to the general public sale, the more likely we can guarantee your ticket choice.

Reading this line, it should have been a tip off that something wasn't quite kosher, because it really makes no sense at all. But I can understand that most people trusted U2 and so believed the information to be correct. I think much of the anger is due to the lost of innocence, and that's what makes it so hard for so many.

Maude, I have already told you I view Ticketmaster's ticketing debacle far worse than unintentional messages from U2.com.

Though unlike we know what happened with Ticketmaster - tickets going on Ebay and codes not working, the site crashing - we don't really know what happened with U2's organisation (and by that I mean their management and whoever was in charge of the pre-sale, not Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam) plans. It's not like any of us were sitting in Dublin and watching over their shoulders.

Yes, it was badly planned. Yes, U2 should (and did) apologize and is trying to make things right. As should/is Ticketmaster.

From getting tickets from ETS and American Express, to hunting scalpers on Ebay, to offering refunds for the 40 USD membership.
Still the blood thirsty posts continue...

indra: Saying "your posts amuse me" isn't mocking my posts? I also don't care for being referred to in the 3rd person when it's clear I am frequently reading the thread. It's insulting, and frankly, butting in. (btw, clearly you haven't been reading my posts that well if you think I always think their actions are perfect)

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Though unlike we know what happened with Ticketmaster -
Still the blood thirsty posts continue...

Yes, I won't be content until I have U2's heads on a platter......:macdevil:

That's really quite funny, very dramatic.

Alright, you are going to continue to ignore and refuse to comment on the quotes I posted from u2.com. That's fine. I can see we will not agree on this subject so I'm through here.

I told you my opinion on U2.com's and Ticketmaster's mistakes. That was my comment on your quotes.

I like how people ignore the fact they both acknowledged mistakes and are working to fix things.

(btw, the blood thirsty comment wasn't aimed at you personally but if you recognized your posts in those words :shrug: )

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Yes, it was badly planned. Yes, U2 should (and did) apologize and is trying to make things right. As should/is Ticketmaster.

A slight correction, U2girl.

U2 haven't apologized for a single thing. It's the winged monkeys that U2 hired to run U2.com, the memberships, and the pre-sales that have apologized and given assurances. The band's apparent aloofness about the situation created by their subcontracted help is a contributing factor in the unrest in the fan community. People feel that the band either don't know or don't care that this kind of shit goes on. If, say, Larry poked his head out from behind the green curtain and said, "Sorry, fans - we're getting it all ironed out, I promise," you probably wouldn't have as much complaining to complain about.

Last edited:
devalera1 said:
Please - I just saw "Hotel Rwanda" - that was an outrage. The ticket situation was indeed a fiasco, certainly not an outrage.

If you were 'outraged' by the wholesale slaughter in HOTEL RWANDA, what are you doing wasting perfectly usable righteous indignation on some disgruntled rock and roll fans? You could be saving lives in Africa with your outrage, right now! Priorities, man! :wink:

PS - NEVER admit to people that what you know about the real world is learned from movies.

Last edited:
Shade said:
U2 haven't apologized for a single thing. It's the winged monkeys that U2 hired to run U2.com, the memberships, and the pre-sales that have apologized and given assurances. The band's apparent aloofness about the situation created by their subcontracted help is a contributing factor in the unrest in the fan community. People feel that the band either don't know or don't care that this kind of shit goes on. If, say, Larry poked his head out from behind the green curtain and said, "Sorry, fans - we're getting it all ironed out, I promise," you probably wouldn't have as much complaining to complain about.

That is exactly right!! Just some kind of acknowledgement would go a very long way.

Shade said:

If you were 'outraged' by the wholesale slaughter in HOTEL RWANDA, what are you doing wasting perfectly usable righteous indignation on some disgruntled rock and roll fans? You could be saving lives in Africa with your outrage, right now! Priorities, man! :wink:

PS - NEVER admit to people that what you know about the real world is learned from movies.

Perfect.

devalera1 said:
To those of you who are unhappy with your subscriptions to U2.com, I would suggest not re-upping in a year. That way the rest of us who are satisfied with our subscriptions won't have to endure endless threads about how unhappy you are.

oh, well look at you! hey everyone, i can't see real good, do we have a "jonny-be- bad" in our forum??

you're such a bad boy! yes...a bad boy! :sexywink:

Shade said:

A slight correction, U2girl.

U2.com is the official site, and they represent the band when they say they're sorry, just like they did with announcing the dates for the tour or details on the last album, for example.

And it's cute how complaints 24/7 are ok but once people get sick of it they get critisized for it.

Last edited:
Shade said:

Oh my...!!! kudos.

Last edited:
Shade - what I know about the situation in Rwanda I learned mainly from reading an extraordinary book "We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families." I also would recommend the PBS documentary "Ghosts of Rwanda".

What I do know about the real world is that most people don't overreact when they don't get exactly what they want, unlike, say a lot of the folks on these message boards.

It's extrordinary our reaction to injustice when it's piled on us, yet we live such immune lives from the suffering of others.

Genocide, starvation, death and disease are commonplace in continents like africa, yet we do little to help.

I guess the irony here is that U2 has always been a band that has stood up for human rights and equality, treating others fairly..

With this ticketing episode, It has soured alot of fans who have paid their hard earned dollar to get a ticket.

They want to see U2 stand up and say that they were unaware of this and they will right a wrong.

But when your in bed with ticketmaster, I'm not so sure that is so easy.

The band has been put in a compromising situation where they have to sell out their services to ticketmaster so that all us ungrateful fans can see them live.

But I agree that the band should have said something to the public..

But maybe Edge's daughter is really sick and they have other things that are more important on their mind than me getting a ticket,

I sure hope that's not the case, and that she is okay. family always come first, so I hope for the best and a ggod tour and I hope their managment has learned a good leason

I talked to Fanfire and they are going to put on the web site a form for those who didn't get tickets or anyone else, a chance to get their money back, so that's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
What gets me, is when the ticket sysem wasnt working people rationalized the U2 were the CEO of U2.com, therefore U2 were responsible. Now, U2.com have published an apology and offered a refund, and everyone wants an apology straight from the band. Make up you minds.

MrBrau1 said:
What gets me, is when the ticket sysem wasnt working people rationalized the U2 were the CEO of U2.com, therefore U2 were responsible. Now, U2.com have published an apology and offered a refund, and everyone wants an apology straight from the band. Make up you minds.

It wouldn't matter.. It would never be enough.

MrBrau1 said:

When you contract some org to run your business, you ARE the CEO per se. Saying it's not your fault or pleading ignorance doesn't cut it in the business world. Check out Enron, WorldCom, Sarbanes Oxley Act.

I'm glad they all are trying to rectify the situation as U2, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom