"To Michael Jackson, I don't believe you're bad ..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LostAtMoon said:
I don’t know Michael Jackson that well but I remember watching the interview he allowed to give in Neverland. I think he lives in a world of his own, a world of fantasy, and he really believes in it. I don’t think he is naïf and I also don’t think he is bad. I think he’s a dangerous person with a bizarre, extremely damaged personality (I think any pedophile has a damaged personality). It may be so damaged that he doesn't grasp how different he is from the rest of society, nor right from wrong.

Jackson should've been in therapy decades ago. Yes, he was abused by his father and not allowed to live a normal childhood. That alone should've sent him to a psychiatrist before he mangled his face and got involved with children. Did anybody even try to intervene, to suggest psychiatric help to him?

jick said:

Then he should have said "To Michael Jackson, I won't pass judgement on your until proven guilty".

Instead, Bono said "I don't believe you're bad." That statement is clear enough - he believes in Jacko's innocence.

Cheers,

J

Ok then, Michael I dont believe your a bad person until proven a bad person.

im probably in the minority but i thing michael jackson is innocent. i think he was set up. i did like michael jackson at one time (bad, billy jean, thriller, smooth criminal), so maybe its why i cant fathom him being guilty.

would i let my daughter visit neverland ranch? hell no. i think he's crazy, but not guilty.

JICK! Your thread's again prove to be narrow and there purpose is not to enlighten your own views but rather to push people into what you feel they should believe.. Just because Bono said something ************************************************************************13 years ago**************************************************** doesn't mean he believes that now and does not mean Bono was even right, I believed he was innocent back then too.. but now I just don't know... only he and whoever concerned does... peace out. sorry for the slow reply have been on Holidays .. hahahaa

LuvandPeace1980 said:
JICK! Your thread's again prove to be narrow and there purpose is not to enlighten your own views but rather to push people into what you feel they should believe.. Just because Bono said something ************************************************************************13 years ago**************************************************** doesn't mean he believes that now and does not mean Bono was even right, I believed he was innocent back then too.. but now I just don't know... only he and whoever concerned does... peace out. sorry for the slow reply have been on Holidays .. hahahaa

That's the point of my post, I wondered out loud if Bono still harbors the same feelings towards Michael Jackson as he did back in `93.

Cheers,

J

LuvandPeace1980 said:

Feel free to post any thoughts about Jacko here buddy!:wink:

http://forum.interference.com/t111961.html

He's going to dream of a world he wants to live in he's going to dream out loud

What's a disgrace is that the Jacko situation has even got as far as a court case.

Jacko has clearly had severe mental problems for years, but his fame has allowed him to be alienated away from the regular rules of society.

If I had been spotted dangling 'my' kid over a balcony, social services would have been around in a shot.

Would you let your children go and stay around a forty year old's house for the night, no way , not a chance....

Quite honestly, the parents should be up in court.

I'm not excusing what he's done (if he has) at all, (Im no jacko fan) but what's outrageous is that he's been allowed to be in a position to do so in the first place.

It always made me wonder why Bono brought it up, Jacko was obviously insane, even fifteen years ago. You just have to see ANY interview he's carried out over the past twenty years to know that.

I dont think Bono would let his kids go alone to any single man's house so mj is irrelevant to that question...

Nor would any parents with any common sense and snese of child protection and welfare.

peace,
jp

I realize this is a very devisive issue here and I have been hesitant to comment.

However, I feel this needs to be said. With so many people feeling sorry for him, and that he is victimized, consider this:

if he IS guilty, is that fair to the kids? Shouldn't he be exposed and stopped?

We should no more assume his innocence than to assume his guilt.

This is my personal opinion, and I'd bet I'm right:

Is he guilty?

YES

Is he a child molester?

NO

What? How can that be?

This is what I think:

He did it.

BUT he didn't viciously attack any kid. When people say "Michael would never hurt a child" they're right.

BUT in his mind, he's not hurting them, he's "LOVING" them! I can just hear him now, in that voice of his 'it's just love, there's nothing wrong with love, is there?'

So yes I think he did it and he must be stopped from doing it again. I think everyone defending him is doing an injustice to all the kids he's probably touched or will touch in the future.

I don't think he should go to jail. I would suggest a short stay in a mental facility, then probation and counseling, and STOP THE KIDS FROM SLEEPING OVER!

J...most of the time I think you spout nonsense just to get reactions. I don't think you believe a word you say, ever. However, this time, you're behaving like a...rhymes with Jick. To suggest that Bono's views on child molestation might change depending on what gender of child he has is...I'll be generous and say pathetic. What on earth happened to you to make you such a Jick?

financeguy said:
Jick, if memory serves correctly the exact quote was

"Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Proven guilty before you'd been given a chance."

Admittedly there's very little difference between that and the way you've quoted it!

i just listend 2 it, u got it right except for the last part, bono just says "guilty before youve been given a chance"

Further to this, I have had a thought and I feel all Bono was saying 13 years ago was illustrating that the way the media works is that it forces you to make a decision there and then about the story it is showing.. how can people do that without facts and without really knowing? Ofcourse people have there suspicions but I have learnt to just wait depending on the nature of the article/story.
It was just odd how back then the media was not showing Jackson as innocent but as guilty which to me is just for the purpose of ratings. I think that's the point Bono was making.. if your a hero and you possibly did something bad the media makes you out to be evil, where as if your no one and you do something heroic it's the oppositte.. Strange

Back
Top Bottom