To Answer The Last Thread's Question, No (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin's described the album as being about "love, addiction, OCD, escape and working for someone you don't like" in interviews

Hopefully he's learned to write a bit better than "just because I'm losing / doesn't mean I'm lost" etc

Sure, in the same way Viva La Vida was experimental.

that it may not have been. but it sure as hell was good.

I wonder what it's gonna be like... something like Pop but more 'modern'?

At least they can keep the Claw for a future(istic) tour :)

Though I don't believe a word about the new album anymore.

If Bono says it's going to be "futuristic" that means we'll get an album full of pagan pipes, 12th century harps and yodelling.

It will be futuristic as in it will be released in the distant future.

Skeletons02.jpg

I bet NBC went on a rampage deleting the Conan stuff from his NBC show after all that shit went down.

NBC has always been vigilant about removing their material from YouTube, though they have a ton of clips on Hulu.

They just soundchecked Zooropa. I'd like to think the band realized they have been letting us down with empty talk of new albums and a setlist that is going backwards instead of forward. maybe this is a token offering. Then again, maybe not. As much as I've been frustrated and angry with them over the last year, I have to say that hearing Mercy and Zooropa live is a pretty good consolation prize.

They just soundchecked Zooropa. I'd like to think the band realized they have been letting us down with empty talk of new albums and a setlist that is going backwards instead of forward. maybe this is a token offering. Then again, maybe not. As much as I've been frustrated and angry with them over the last year, I have to say that hearing Mercy and Zooropa live is a pretty good consolation prize.

Haha I had a similar thought, that they realized they let the hardcore fans down so they started playing stuff like EBTTRT and now possibly Zooropa.

I think Zooropa is a great song, but I'm worried at the development for two reasons:

1. I don't think Zooropa fits the theme of the show (though I think the theme of the show is very loose and incoherent at best).

2. I don't like the idea of U2, or any band, pandering to fans. They should play what they want because they want to play it, not because fans keep shouting for it. At this rate, Acrobat will be coming along any moment now and they'll put it right in between Stuck in a Moment and Walk On or something and totally fuck up the vibe.

That's my negativity for the day.

I think Zooropa is a great song, but I'm worried at the development for two reasons:

1. I don't think Zooropa fits the theme of the show (though I think the theme of the show is very loose and incoherent at best).

2. I don't like the idea of U2, or any band, pandering to fans. They should play what they want because they want to play it, not because fans keep shouting for it. At this rate, Acrobat will be coming along any moment now and they'll put it right in between Stuck in a Moment and Walk On or something and totally fuck up the vibe.

Nothing in this post makes any sense at all.

I say this as one of the song's biggest fans, no one's been clamoring for Zooropa, everyone thought the song died back in 1993, the band themselves have clearly warmed up to bringing it back with all the references they've made to it in the show since last fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom