TO all the "HTDAAB Virgins..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indigo tree said:
I'm a semivirgin. That is, I've listened to some of the really crappy leaks, but none of the news ones. And I don't plan to until the album comes out.

Same here. That's like, what, having oral sex or something? Maybe just making it to 2nd base :scratch: Regardless, I have yet to listen to the new CD-quality leaks, and I will continue to "save myself" until the 23rd :crack:

I've been taken advantage of more times than a five cent hooker during the past 24 hours.

As for those of you who are still pure. God Bless You. You are the best Interference has to offer. You are truly an inspiration. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

In case you change your mind "all of this, all of this can be yours" :macdevil:

I'm weak. I downloaded one song...(besides Vertigo)...I had the 1 minute intro of LAPOE, and it was killing me not to hear the whole song. So I downloaded the entire version, and I love it! I've been listening to that and Vertigo over and over lol....I'm trying to make it until the 23. :ohmy:

i am still an A-Bomb virgin and i wanna resist until the 22nd
after reading some of the reviews it seems that Miracle Drug, LAPOE, SYCMIOYO and OOTS are the favorite songs of the album.

all the others have mixed ratings esp. COBL, CFYT, AMAAW & ABOY
what i wanna say??? i wait until the official release listen 3 times in a row, give a short review then and give another review one year later, because only the time will tell the truth of the albums' quality.

im hangin out for novvy 22.

Heard some of the dodgy beach clips though and the City of Blinding Lights top of the pops clip

:up: Something I wish I'd heard before listening to the album the first time... is that its not even close to being as "hard" as the band/media have made it out to be. Vertigo is by far the hardest, or at least the highest tempo tune. For this reason I found that I was "distracted" during my first listen because I was hoping to hear some "rawk", I'm convinced that this may be the reason for Phaser's very negative review as I was actually a little disappointed after one listen. BUT... my disappointment was due to my false expectations... Truth is, I now love this album and it will be up there with my 2 or 3 favorite U2 discs.

Do yourself a favour and clear your mind of all the hype and all the reviews you've read before you listen to HTDAAB the first time... this is a predominantly mellow and very beautiful album that will be good for your soul. :)

does sort of paying attention to 2 count? i honestly dont' remember because I was doing hw at the same time- not that it was bad, but just that i wouldn't let myself pay copmlete attention because then I knew I would download the rest. can we have a support group or something to keep each other from downloading/listening before it's released?

I actually haven't listened to any of the songs. I have barely listened to Vertigo. I never listen to radio/watch mtv, so I have only heard the crappy version I've downloaded, which is good. But I refuse to put that shitty version on a CD and listen to it in my car. SO, I am pretty much a HTDAAB virgin, more so than all y'all!

Before Pop and ATYCLB, I was going insane, counting the days, hours, I once even calculated the minutes and seconds in the classrooms. But now I'm 22, work all the time, and I just haven't felt the pre-release fever. Maybe maturity has nothing to do with it. I'm not a mature person. Maybe it's the fact that I've been waiting for this album so long, and had all these release dates (March 8th, Solar) that never came true, and my mind still hasn't accepted that the new album is actually coming out.

Back
Top Bottom