To all of the fans that have been with U2 since the beginning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink: Not all of us think that way Edgeis...! Zoo...is it because the songs they had in the 80's& 90's-we could relate to them more? I love music..so tho their music has taken a turn more than once..it's interesting how the new songs grow on you! And even than, some do, some don't! :hmm:

forbonou2 said:
it's interesting how the new songs grow on you! And even than, some do, some don't! :hmm:
... and songs, you held high in the past, do also lose this position – while others stay up there!

I've been a fan since 1987, and I was disappointed with both ATYCLB and HTDAAB. I still remember hearing Beautiful Day for the first time and thinking "This is U2? It sounds so...ordinary." It wasn't mysterious or magical or otherwordly or heartwrenching or kickass or daring or weird. It was just...there. I did eventually learn to appreciate a few of the songs from ATYCLB for what they were - sweet, warm-hearted pop tunes like Wild Honey and In a Little While - but my overall impression was that something vital and unique had been lost. The soaring choruses and other U2-ish trademarks were there, but it seemed like another band trying to imitate U2 and falling short.

I love ATYCLB & HTDAAB.

I'm glad U2 got up and dusted themselves off so they could get back on track after the whole Pop era stumble. Bono's voice is getting stronger, the band seems happier, fans love them and critics seem to as well, the tours are less static and rough. Charity work, sales, and awards out the wazoo. Everything is going up for the boys, and I hope they keep up exactly what they're doing, it's working great.

been a fan since Rattle & Hum
I love ATYCLB

How to dismantle ... feels like it's missing something to me
then again at the same time I really enjoy listening to it
it's probably in my top 3 most played U2 albums the last 6 months

I think a lot of fans of the band are actually fans of a certain period of the band's career
not so much the 00s
but I think there are a lot of people who are really just fans of what they did in the 80s (underrepresented on u2 forums btw) and the 90s (painfully overrepresented on forums)

if you can let go of all the shit surrounding music and just listen U2 really hasn't made a bad album though

Back
Top Bottom