To All Non-Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bastardy

Babyface
As an American citizen, I would just like to apologize for the arrogance and blind patriotism displayed by our ridiculous president, his officials, and much of the american public during these past several days. Not all of us here believe this attack was an assault on "the highest beacon of freedom and justice in the world" or "the greatest nation on earth". And many of us are aware of the foreign policy actions that have in some ways led to an attack like this. Of course, the terroist actions are vile, inhuman, and totally inexcusable. But I am embarassed by the reluctance of the U.S. government to learn from events such as this- Americans don't like admitting they're wrong about anything. Well I could ramble on. I know this little online post does nothing much at all, but it makes feel a bit better to put it out there.

Originally posted by Foxxern:
IB4TL by the hypocritical mods.

What does that mean?

_______

Anyway, as a non-American let me say that I know not all Americans think that way. He is the president. He has to be bull-headed.

Let me ask this? Who came up with the ridiculous name: Operation Infinite Justice?

Are you F#$%ing KIDDING ME!!!!!!! who the hell are you and what Foreign Policy actions, I bet you can't name three. As a former Marine and father of two, I am here to speak on behalf of the 90% of Americans right now that are standing right with this great President of ours to say we don't need braindead people like you apologizing for US! If this country is so bad then MOVE THE FUCK OUT. BYE! yeah BU BYE! don't let the FLAG hit you on the way out!

As a former marine I'd say you were a little biased my republican friend.

Originally posted by TwoHearts:
Are you F#$%ing KIDDING ME!!!!!!! who the hell are you and what Foreign Policy actions, I bet you can't name three. As a former Marine and father of two, I am here to speak on behalf of the 90% of Americans right now that are standing right with this great President of ours to say we don't need braindead people like you apologizing for US! If this country is so bad then MOVE THE FUCK OUT. BYE! yeah BU BYE! don't let the FLAG hit you on the way out!

And I will agree with this one.

Oh, my message to all non-americans is look at the carnage we had last week, and thank God it wasn't in your backyard. It could have been, and if we don't act as we are going to it very well may be. So thanks for your prayers and your support.

As a note, anyone from place(s) where this type of activity occour(s) please understand I mean you no offense.

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll soon learn that if you want to spread political propaganda in here, you'll have to back it up. Just a heads up.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Bastardy:
As a former marine I'd say you were a little biased my republican friend.

If you are serious, I would say you are a little biased too, yet towards what I am afraid to know.

TwoHearts, I just reexamined your comment and found it more interesting upon second look. I find it fascinating that you censored your first use of "fuck" but left it totally open in your second utilization.

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll soon learn that if you want to spread political propaganda in here, you'll have to back it up. Just a heads up.

He is a veteran so that backs him up as far as I am concerned, judging by his statement. I felt the same way when i read the shit(e) originally posted by Bastardy. It is an offensive comment to probably most of us. I don't need anyone apologizing for me, either!

TwoHearts, I just reexamined your comment and found it more interesting upon second look. I find it fascinating that you censored your first use of "fuck" but left it totally open in your second utilization.

I find it even more fascinating that people who don't agree with him are "braindead". Let's hear it for intolerance!

------------------

As an American citizen, I would just like to apologize for the arrogance and blind patriotism displayed by our ridiculous president, his officials, and much of the american public during these past several days. Not all of us here believe this attack was an assault on "the highest beacon of freedom and justice in the world" or "the greatest nation on earth". And many of us are aware of the foreign policy actions that have in some ways led to an attack like this. Of course, the terroist actions are vile, inhuman, and totally inexcusable. But I am embarassed by the reluctance of the U.S. government to learn from events such as this- Americans don't like admitting they're wrong about anything. Well I could ramble on. I know this little online post does nothing much at all, but it makes feel a bit better to put it out there.

Apology accepted.

For what are you apologizing? The fact that a nation that lost at least 5,000 people to a terrorist attack wants justice, and the terrorists extinguished so it will never happen again? Or are you apologizing for a president who is trying to do his main job, which is protect the citizens of his country.

Go ahead and jump on the Anti-American bandwagon. You've got company here at Interference. But thank the Lord that people like you are in the minority, not only in America, but among leaders of other nations, who have pledged their support in helping us root terrorism out of existence.

The thing i don't get about people who feel like you is that they bitch and moan, but offer no viable alternative. What are we to do? Arrest Bin Laden? Ha! Arrest him, and he is a martyr, and the attacks will increase. Or do you prefer we do nothing and just endure attack after attack? Or maybe you like the idea that was posted in Free Your Mind, in which someone suggested we build a big beautiful mosque and give to Afghanistan?

What Political Propaganda? That was a statement from someone who loves this country a tremedous amount. And what gives Bastardy the right to Apologize on behalf of America? And Foxxern, what do you want me to back up?

Originally posted by z edge:
He is a veteran so that backs him up as far as I am concerned, judging by his statement. I felt the same way when i read the shit(e) originally posted by Bastardy. It is an offensive comment to probably most of us. I don't need anyone apologizing for me, either!

He's not apologizing for you. He's apologizing for people who don't favor hasty conclusions and military action that could only worsen the situation.

Oh, and I'm sorry. I forgot that US Veterans are all experts on foreign policy. I agree that the military is an honorable profession, but being a part of it does not make one automatically right in all cases.

------------------

What Political Propaganda? That was a statement from someone who loves this country a tremedous amount. And what gives Bastardy the right to Apologize on behalf of America? And Foxxern, what do you want me to back up?

Don't worry they are just being troublemakers. The fact that they wouldn't last a day in the Marines or any service probably just pisses them off so they have to go and try to piss on the rest of us that did and they way of life we tried to protect.

I don't know, maybe the accusation that anyone who feels differently is "braindead". Oh and also the idea that anyone who in any way disagrees with the president should "MOVE THE FUCK OUT".

You seem to think that I don't love my country. I love it very much, which is why I'm trying to improve the situation we are in before it gets any worse. I honestly don't believe that bombing the hell out of Afghanistan or even killing Osama bin Laden will protect us from any further attacks. I really don't. If we want to protect ourselves, we have to look at the root of the problem, and stop the perpetrators from the beginning. We need to infiltrate their lowest levels, not just take in their ringleader. This is much more complex than bombing anyone, and I hope we can realize that before its too late.

------------------

What conclusion do we draw from 5,400 dead people? What hasty Military action? Only Clinton used the military in a hasty manner. And the Military was not my proffesion. I joined after the Gulf War to serve my country and sacrifice a little of my time for my country.

Originally posted by z edge:
Don't worry they are just being troublemakers. The fact that they wouldn't last a day in the Marines or any service probably just pisses them off so they have to go and try to piss on the rest of us that did and they way of life we tried to protect.

Yes, you're exactly right. This from the guy who once called college a "complete waste of time". Obviously you missed the part where I said "I agree that the military is an honorable profession". But hey, it doesn't matter, cause you already know everything about me already, including that I "wouldn't last a day in the Marines or any service".

------------------

Life is a series of twists and turns. The annals of time turn slowly, steadily, infinitely. All straight lines eventually meet again. Likewise, conservative and liberal, atheist and religious, terrorist and patriot...they are all guilty of one thing, and that is the failure to learn from the past.

Pharisees come and go, but inevitably come again.

And that's all I have to say regarding this post. Carry on.

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

He's not apologizing for you. He's apologizing for people who don't favor hasty conclusions and military action that could only worsen the situation.

Oh, and I'm sorry. I forgot that US Veterans are all experts on foreign policy. I agree that the military is an honorable profession, but being a part of it does not make one automatically right in all cases.

And you are an expert on foreign policy? As a veteran I have seen things I cannot talk about and you will never read about, which, i suspect is the ONLY place you get your "knowledge". I never said I was an expert, but I did put my life on the line for America several times as many veterans have and will. Many of our veterans will die still, as a result of keeping the peace that you all take for granted. And I don't need people apologizing for America that I risked my life to defend. I am so tired of classroom philosophers dictating "know-it all" policies to us that have ACTUALL BEEN THERE!

I'm tired of the personal attacks in here. I'm done with this thread. Sorry if I offended anyone, but that's the way I feel, and I won't apologize for that. I'm here to make friends, not enemies.

Good night.

------------------

This topic is played. Take it to Free Your Mind.

Oh, by the way, Bastardy, Fuck off!

Peace and Love,

- dancing bearfoot

---------------------
give me liberty or give me death

Thank God we have the Elite Thinkers like Foxxern to guide us idiots through the world. Foxxern, I have a question for you, What would you sacrifice for your country?

Yes, you're exactly right. This from the guy who once called college a "complete waste of time". Obviously you missed the part where I said "I agree that the military is an honorable profession". But hey, it doesn't matter, cause you already know everything about me already, including that I "wouldn't last a day in the Marines or any service".

You are bringing up the past to support your current weak point. And you are taking my comments out of context. Like I said before-college was a complete waste of time for ME. I still have the GI Bill/college fund that I never used because I was making more $$$ without even using it and I am not a "school type" classroom kind of guy.

I do appreciate your stating that the military is an honorable profession. And I apologize for jumping the gun a bit and saying you wouldn't last a day in the Marines or any service. This is the kind of outrage I/we feel when people protest against us, and some comments made in here feel like that. It IS regrettable that these threads always turn out like this.

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 09-19-2001).]

What hasty Military action?

I'd like to know that too. So far the only thing we have done is sent some war planes to the gulf. That doesn't seem too hasty to me. Or do you think all Military action is hasty?

Anyway, I think you anti-patriotism people need to back off. I don't think anyone should begrudge the USA a little pride in our country to unite under after last Tuesday.

I don't agree with any of you in this thread! You're all stupid and you all suck!

------------------
"I see dead people!"

good post melon. is that a quote from somewhere? either way, thanks, you make a good point. i am regretting starting this topic at this point. it has so quickly devolved. thanks for support foxxern. I didn't make myself clear in my first post. First of all, I have been deeply affected by what happened last week. I have also been really struck by the sudden unity of the United States since the tradgedies. I wasn't trying to apologize on behalf of America. That would be ludicrous. as for mr. bush, I think he was at his best during that press session when he got all teary-eyed and everything. for once, he was stripped of his bravado and facade of strength and confidence. i felt bad for him, he's in quite an incredible situation. but with his talk of "OId Western" DEAD OR ALIVE posters, of "WAR, War WAR!!", and the talk of America's unending, uncomprimised greatness, he has lost my sympathy. I believe there must be some response, but I hope it will be a functional one, a reasonable one, and not just a show of brute force. I don't mean to offend anyone, I am not anti-american by any means, but i really hope our country learns from this, not just security-wise, but in terms of correcting past mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom