Time Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anybody seen the picture of Bono on page 4 of the magazine which heavily features the band and its quest to save the world?

he's not wearing any makeup, glasses or anything

its a scary sight

check it out by all means, but be prepared for a shock

------------------
Life is A Mystery
Everyone Must Stand Alone
I Hear You Call My Name
And it feels like...

Home

Do you mean page 3? And as Gloria Steinem once said, "This is what 40 looks like."

I believe she said this before she gave us another great quote, something about a woman needing a man like a fish needing a bicycle.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

i didn't know bono wore makeup.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

what do you expect. This man is 41 years old, travelling the world, touring, working for charity. He propably never get?s enough sleep. Of course he?s tired. Of course he?s got lines in his face.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

That's not very nice!
frown.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Originally posted by AM:
what do you expect. This man is 41 years old, travelling the world, touring, working for charity. He propably never get?s enough sleep. Of course he?s tired. Of course he?s got lines in his face.

Or else he passes out on the floor of bathrooms according to the article so at least he's taking cat naps during the day.
wink.gif

Dear Bono has more wrinkles than my 94 year old Grandmother!
biggrin.gif
(Though, to be fair, my Grandmother has remarkably few wrinkles for someone her age) Wrinkes give a person's face character, which I rather like.

Lately I have found it interesting to see the difference between pictures of Bono from U.S. magazines and European magazines like "OK!" In U.S. magazines, even "candid" pics are airbrushed to make the skin look smoother. In some European magazines those pictures often aren't touched up so you can see what the person's skin really looks like.

Actually, the members of U2 are a good example of why one shouldn't smoke if you want to avoid wrinkles. Notice that Bono and Adam, the two that smoke the most, also have the most wrinkles.

I've been looking at photos of Bono for a long time. It's rare I have thought anything other than..my good ness, he's a handsome devil! And this one is no exception.
Those eyes, what is he thinking? That mouth, that has uttered all those wonderful witty (occassionally wacky, I'm not totally blinded)wise words.
The depth of field(always loved the fact he has both ears pierced), the light, the contrast, love it, the grey at the temple, the stubble, the freckles...are you a man or a woman CrashCar Driver?
Hmmm, I'm still studying it, scrutinising.
Thanks for the optical exercise.
Can't see anyhting not to like.
Great photo imho. Bonovox of O'Connell Street. WOW!

Nothing scary or shocking about that picture....
He doesn't look bad at all. To me he looks like someone who isn't spending money on lasers or other type of "aging reversal" products that celebrities would typically go for.
He's not from Hollywood ya know.... he's his natural self.
smile.gif

Bono's a person, like the rest of us.

I don't understand why people need to apply makeup when taking pictures, man or woman.

A person's face looks very different when you stare at it for a long time, you can see all the wrinkles, blemishes, and pimples.

Big deal, that's what being a person is all about.

Why should we kid ourselves by pretending they aren't there.

I think everyone should look at themselves closely in the mirror under bright light for ten minutes a day and say, "this is me, I accept it".

Originally posted by cass:
I've been looking at photos of Bono for a long time. It's rare I have thought anything other than..my good ness, he's a handsome devil! And this one is no exception.
Those eyes, what is he thinking? That mouth, that has uttered all those wonderful witty (occassionally wacky, I'm not totally blinded)wise words.
The depth of field(always loved the fact he has both ears pierced), the light, the contrast, love it, the grey at the temple, the stubble, the freckles...are you a man or a woman CrashCar Driver?
Hmmm, I'm still studying it, scrutinising.
Thanks for the optical exercise.
Can't see anyhting not to like.
Great photo imho. Bonovox of O'Connell Street. WOW!

*follower feels like kissing her friend cass*

my fave picture from the Time article (thanks NicaMom
smile.gif
)
bonotime1.jpg

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 03-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Sicy:
Bad lighting.

I agree with Sicy. I think the photographer did it on purpose to lend a sort of "realness" to the larger-than-life rockstar. The photo strips away the glamor and gloss that goes along with being a celebrity, and I think it fits well with the accompanying article in the magazine.

Back
Top Bottom