Tickling the ivories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I KNOW someone has posted this before...

But really. We have so many guitar players here. ANd I KNOW we have a few piano players too.

So my point?
Q: Where can I get U2 piano sheet music? So Cruel, Sweetest Thing, Stay, Please, etc...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller, anyone?

------------------
Your Catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick-on tattoos
Now they're making the news
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount
From the boot of your car
Please

I'd like to know the same thing. I have been able to play a couple U2 songs by ear, but it would be great to have the sheet music!

------------------
boom cha, boom cha.................discotheque!

I play the piano; I haven't seen any piano sheet music either. :-(

Sweetest Thing is easy to figure out.

Originally posted by Nancy:
I'd like to know the same thing. I have been able to play a couple U2 songs by ear, but it would be great to have the sheet music!

Originally posted by senrab:
I play the piano; I haven't seen any piano sheet music either. :-(

Sweetest Thing is easy to figure out.

Well, I've got the chorus...3 notes..but chord wise and during the middle of the song it gets a little difficult.

I'd LOVE to find Stay, or SO Cruel...or ANYTHING!

As far as I know, you can buy some stuff (EASY PIANO) over the net...or buy the guitar music and follow the chords...

I have piano/guitar books for ATYCLB, Pop, Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, and a general U2 early hits album (stuff from UF and before).

You sort of have to figure out the bassline for yourself, but once you can do that, it's quite fun.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

weirdest thing! i was looking up U2 lyrics right after posting in this thread, and there was a link to this site called sheetmusicplus.com. Anyway, here is the link to all the U2 sheet music: http://www.sheetmusicplu s.com/store/smp_artbrowseresults.html?cart=32152147851633408&style=artist&artist=U2&searchtitle=sheet%20music&max=20&counter=0

they've got it all! you can get the complete collection, with tons of their stuff!

Nancy, you're my hero!! AWESOME! (Check out the complete songbook!)--I wonder how difficult the arrangements are? Looks like it's worth checking out...

------------------
Your Catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick-on tattoos
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount
Please

The Complete Songs definitely looks worth checking out! I think I might ask for it for the holidays
smile.gif

Dude! Maybe we will have enough songs mastered on piano to play onstage at a future concert?
smile.gif

------------------

The Complete Songs definitely looks worth checking out! I think I might ask for it for the holidays
smile.gif

Dude! Maybe we will have enough songs mastered on piano to play onstage at a future concert?
smile.gif

So Bono can pull US onstage to play...alriiiiight!!

I believe I saw that book in Borders...I flipped through it, but I don't know if it is the same one or not. The problem was there really wasn't an arrangement for piano; it was just the voice part. It seemed to be more of a fake book.

I always used the guitar chords as a starting point; it would be nice to have the songs arranged for piano in print; I don't have a very good ear. :-(

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

Nancy, you're my hero!! AWESOME! (Check out the complete songbook!)--I wonder how difficult the arrangements are? Looks like it's worth checking out...

OK, I'm back...that was the book I saw...blarg - no piano arrangements or songs from ATYCLB...oh well.
Y04Y0271189Y8528495.0001.04.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I believe I saw that book in Borders...I flipped through it, but I don't know if it is the same one or not. The problem was there really wasn't an arrangement for piano; it was just the voice part. It seemed to be more of a fake book.

I always used the guitar chords as a starting point; it would be nice to have the songs arranged for piano in print; I don't have a very good ear. :-(

another lead gone dead...*sigh* Will we NEVER know???

I swear, we should just get together and compose one of our own...grrr!

------------------
Your Catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick-on tattoos
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount

Please

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-20-2001).]

OK, I'm back...that was the book I saw...blarg - no piano arrangements or songs from ATYCLB...oh well.

The book I saw on the web (U2: The Complete Songs) is arranged for both piano and voice. So I'm guessing it included an extra treble staff for voice, but still had the piano arrangement below.

Sweetest_Thing: I would def go to Borders or somewhere and just flip through the books. This book is published by Warner Bros. and edited by Vince Martino/ed Gutstein. I'm gonna check it out, I'll let you know
smile.gif

------------------

Sweetest_Thing: I would def go to Borders or somewhere and just flip through the books. This book is published by Warner Bros. and edited by Vince Martino/ed Gutstein. I'm gonna check it out, I'll let you know
smile.gif

Uh...what's Borders? Do we have one in Canada??
Anyways, keep me updated. And thanks.

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

Uh...what's Borders? Do we have one in Canada??
Anyways, keep me updated. And thanks.

biggrin.gif

Borders is just a giant bookstore - it's a chain here in the U.S. I'm going home to Chicago for Thanksgiving (woo!), and I will prob look for it then. I'll let ya know
smile.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom