Ticket sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheEdge

Refugee
I need some help. I'm doing this public speaking thing on the Elevation tour. How many shows didn't sell out?
Also, what is a good report on the tour's sales and earnings? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thankyou!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

In general, every show is reported to have sold out. Only a few shows are suspect, but seating capicities can be lowered to achieve a sellout at the last minute. The troubled shows were Kansas City and Lexington. Cities that are considered small markets. As far as Statistics, this is what I have taken off the internet.

North American Tour: 80 shows : GROSS: $109.7 million

Europe: 33 shows

Worldwide: 113 shows : GROSS: $143 million.

All shows except 3 were inside Arena's. The other 3, 2 Slane shows for 160,000 people in a field, and 1 Football Stadium Show in Turin Italy for 73,000 people.

The Elevation Tour looks set to continue this summer with U2 playing Football Stadiums all across Europe.

Only Gross and number of shows has really been reported. Exact number of tickets sold is not known. A rough Estimate for number of tickets sold would be 2,240,000 Worldwide, with about 1,400,000 of that figure in the USA and the other 840,000 in Europe.
Remember that this was with the exception of 3 shows an Arena tour playing venues that are smaller than the previous tour. Worldwide number of tickets sold for POPMARTs 93 shows was about 4 million tickets. The 157 shows for ZOO TV sold 5,250,000 tickets. 53 of those ZOO TV shows were in Arena's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom