Ticket Prices - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2001, 11:47 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 09:58 AM
Ticket Prices

U2 is a bargain. We went to buy tickets to Andrea Boccelli, and they are $500!!! And they are sold out! Arrowhead Pond floor and the first rows off of it, $500! Also went to buy tickets to Russell Watson, and his are $200 and $125. Granted they have to pay orchestra's also. But considering U2 is such a high demand show, they could probably do that too, make the floor even $200 each, and they don't, God Bless them.

Old 10-04-2001, 11:48 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Carter's Angel:
U2 is a bargain. We went to buy tickets to Andrea Boccelli, and they are $500!!! And they are sold out! Arrowhead Pond floor and the first rows off of it, $500! Also went to buy tickets to Russell Watson, and his are $200 and $125. Granted they have to pay orchestra's also. But considering U2 is such a high demand show, they could probably do that too, make the floor even $200 each, and they don't, God Bless them.
agreed! We don't know how lucky we are!

------------------
11 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2001, 11:50 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:58 AM
i paid 260 for two U2 nosebleeds...

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Tpyos skcu
Old 10-04-2001, 11:52 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
i paid 260 for two U2 nosebleeds...

Were those GC. If not, you got ripped off.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:35 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:58 AM
This is proof positive that big business can charge anything and you'll be happy.

Wait until the next tour. $230 seats I bet are in our future. Will that be a bargain too?

"God bless them" for being the biggest band in the world, playing in the smallest venues in the world, and having the most erratic price structures. We don't know how lucky we are.

Wake up everyone. U2 is a brilliant band, but their business practices just suck now.

*builds asbestos wall against flaming*

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 10-05-2001, 08:41 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by melon:
This is proof positive that big business can charge anything and you'll be happy.

Wait until the next tour. $230 seats I bet are in our future. Will that be a bargain too?

"God bless them" for being the biggest band in the world, playing in the smallest venues in the world, and having the most erratic price structures. We don't know how lucky we are.

Wake up everyone. U2 is a brilliant band, but their business practices just suck now.

Melon

Melon,

If they started charging $230 a ticket, all that would happen is they'd be raking in the profits instead of the ticket brokers and scalpers.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:46 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer:
If they started charging $230 a ticket, all that would happen is they'd be raking in the profits instead of the ticket brokers and scalpers.
Who the hell buys from ticket brokers? Perhaps I'm too principled, but I'd never give them a cent of my money. May they all rot in hell.

And U2 is wealthy enough. How many millions more do they need? And it is not like this tour--or from what it sounds like, subsequent tours--have/will have the high, upfront expenses like PopMart or Zoo TV.

But even $230 won't be enough to deter the brokers. Look at Madonna's tour as a prime example. They need to be rendered illegal, and it needs to happen now.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 10-05-2001, 10:10 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon:

Melon

------------------
Change is the only constant
Old 10-05-2001, 10:37 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by TheU2:
Were those GC. If not, you got ripped off.
Nope, they were section 304, aka nosebleed. I know I got ripped off, but I was desperate, we tried for hours the day of the sale to get ANYTHING. No luck. So again, I turned to online ticket brokers using Ebay to raise their profit.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:04 AM   #10
The Fly

I do remember thinking the ticket prices were too high, last time around, until I looked around, and saw what was being charged for some of the crap act tours of the summer, and most sporting events. U2 is a bluelight special, if you will!...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."