Through the combined knowledge of the women of this forum...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was going for me.

frown.gif

While sensitive is nice, its also nice to have a guy make the first move. if there's a pretty girl in front of you and sexual tension between you, kiss her! don't have awkward standing and then leave.

and taking a shower is good too.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

a bit of old fashioned advice from Aretha Franklin,
R. E. S. P. E. C. T.
and you're well on your way.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 10-02-2001).]

Originally posted by sharky:
if there's a pretty girl in front of you and sexual tension between you, kiss her!

However, if you're a smoker (?) don't go in right as you exhale your smoke...
mad.gif
That really isn't a turn-on no matter what some guys may think!

OK, some people really don't know that...

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:

However, if you're a smoker (?) don't go in right as you exhale your smoke...
mad.gif
That really isn't a turn-on no matter what some guys may think!

OK, some people really don't know that...

Oh man, tell me somebody didn't actually do that to you Bebe! Talk about clueless...

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-25-2001).]

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Gina Marie, I wish there were more women like you out there. I embody most of these, and it's gotten me nowhere (well, actually, it's got me a TON of women who think I'm a "great friend"). In fact, I have had to stop showing my emotions so much - I have been actually accused of being weak and too feminine for that.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you 80s, except now it's starting to pay off to be the nice guy and the great friend. I've been told all sorts of things like "you'd make the perfect husband," but it was pretty hard to believe or take comfort in that when none of the people saying that were interested in me as more than a friend.

But in the last few months things have started happening that make me feel like maybe nice guys don't finish last - they just have to wait a little longer, and maybe end up with something even greater because of it.

So hang in there is all I can say. I think sometimes it takes a while for some women to realize that maybe someone who is a great friend and makes them feel safe and happy is probably the better bet in the long run than someone who is exciting and new at first.

Johnny, Johnny,
you should know by now that at least half the women over here wont agree with what the other half thinks on this (or any) subject

should this turn into a mud-wrestling match, please do call me

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Here's my bit of (probably obvious) advice for johnny from a male perspective.

Be yourself - ie, don't feel you have to act differently in order to impress a girl, but on the same note, don't be afraid to let out parts of you that most people don't normally see.

But probably above all, be open and honest. If you're feeling something, make sure she knows it (I've learned that the hard way).

There, I've drained out some sappiness for now
wink.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Wow I think that was the longest post by Salami that I have ever seen.
you may be right

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 09-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Diemen:
So hang in there is all I can say. I think sometimes it takes a while for some women to realize that maybe someone who is a great friend and makes them feel safe and happy is probably the better bet in the long run than someone who is exciting and new at first.
Thanks for the kind words, Diemen. You know what's odd? It's happened so much in my 34 years that I am now at teh point where I'm about 96.325 % sure I don't want a wife. One thing that reinforces that is when I see my friends have to ask their wives for permission to do things. Oh! I would hate to have ask someone for permission to watch my beloved Rams.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I'm just trying to eradicate the communication gap between the sexes! IS THAT SUCH A CRIME?
biggrin.gif

Tell me women, what should men know but don't? Here's your chance to vent and end men's ignorance of women's feelings. Education is the key!
biggrin.gif

Um, REAL MEN ARE KIND TO ANIMALS
Thats one thing. A sense of humor helps.A lot. Kindness, sweetness, some intelligence is a must(but hey, what can you expect from guys as far as brains is concerned??
biggrin.gif
)
And of course, a fit, hot, sexy body and a gorgeous face dont hurt any!!!!!! Whoo hoo! Put him in a military uniform, and - damn! Hee hee!
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Let me say something to Juan Swallow once and for all. You need to make a decision Mr! I need to know, is it me, or is it the Mrs.? You can't just go and use me like i'm your plaything whenever you feel like it. I don't like being a side dish (to put it in occupational terms that you might understand). Now you can have me, or you can have "her" (i will not speak her name right now although i am still her bitch), and by the way, we all know that she was never rightfully separated from that creature. and no, you can't have us both (except for when i feel up to it). so choose playa. i think you know what to do....follow your hear...err, whatever it is that leads your way.

------------------
ME:http://www.geocities.com/brookeyb81/brooke2.html

ROTF!!!!!
biggrin.gif
LMFAOOA3IERUOEU!!!1!!!

My bitch said it very nicely.

------------------
I hear unborn chicken voices in my head.

Originally posted by mad1:
Johnny........

son..........

Dont talk
Dont walk
Dont shit
Dont spit
Dont cry
Dont deny
Dont bend
Dont defend
Dont hurt
Dont be curt
Dont scream
Dont dream
Dont shout
Dont pout

I feeeeeel numb

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

Originally posted by sharky:
and taking a shower is good too.

*looks at Sicy*

Hint hint!
wink.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: Douglas Adams "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

AIM: JuanSwallow

I cannot shower with you Juan.

I have upset my bear.

My bear comes first.

But you can be second!
smile.gif

------------------
Showers are people too.

Ok, Trip I choose you my love!
smile.gif
Since you're Sicy's bitch and I'll be your bitch, I'll still be Sicy's bitch-in-law. EVERYBODY WINS!!!

And keep the advice coming ladies! I need all the help you can give me.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Douglas Adams "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

AIM: JuanSwallow

wow....this thread is way outta my league- I'm still a baby.....(face).

*looks at posts*

AHHHHHHh

Back
Top Bottom