Three songs you'd like to see U2 revive for the next era.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Meaning on the tour, after we get a new album, name three songs you'd like the band to revive or debut for the first time on the tour. This is a sort of gauge for what you're looking for as far as sonics in the future and a general tour attitude for the band. For example, a U2 that brings back Mofo for the tour wouldn't necessarily be the same band that would bring back Stuck in a Moment....well you get the idea.

Here are my three songs (again, not necessarily my three most desired songs to hear live, just three that would totally be awesome if the band took that route).

1. God Part II

2. Lemon

3. Exit

:drool:

Yeah, you can see where that's going. :combust:

U2Man said:

U2Man said:
in gods country instead of new years day

love is blindness instead of one

please instead of bullet

how awesome would that be, guys? say goodbye to three old, tired and overplayed tunes and hello to three forgotten gems...:drool:

Those would be glorious, I can't deny that. Especially LIB in place of One. Substitute an overrated, dead-tired warhorse with an utterly superior forgotten gem from the same album. :drool:

love is blindness is insanely wonderful, especially live. that u2 hasnt played this since zootv is a tragedy.

Lancemc said:
Those would be glorious, I can't deny that. Especially LIB in place of One. Substitute an overrated, dead-tired warhorse with an utterly superior forgotten gem from the same album. :drool:

:drool:

Mofo, HMTMKMKM, and Ultraviolet

I want the new album to be so good that they'll play almost every song off it so they don't have to play their old tired hits that have lost their live intensity.

If the next album is going to be a good ethereal album centered around Bono's voice and wonderful instrumentalization I'd like to see the triumphant return of "The Unforgettable Fire" as well as "Please."

11 o'clock tick tock
Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
Stay (faraway, so close!)

and...

Numb (taped - like the remixed Lemon was in Popmart - as an intro to the show or to the encore)

Ahhhhh well, fuck it, I'm gonna add some more than just three...

Lemon
The unforgettable fire
Please
In God's country
Dirty day

I can't stop with just three.

IN:

MOFO
Gone
Last Night On Earth
Please
Staring at the Sun (Electric, please. They lost their nerve after the infamous Vegas '97 gig and have taken fewer and fewer chances ever since.

Acrobat
Ultraviolet
Wild Horses (Electric please)
Love is Blindness
Dirty Day

Exit

OUT:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
One
Pride in the Name of Love
All the crap from their garage band days (let the hate mail begin)
With or Without You
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
Bullet the Blue Sky

:tsk: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Mofo
Love is Blindness
The Unforgettable Fire

These are some of the band's most sublime live tracks, and they haven't played them in 9, 15, and 20 years respectively.

Maybe they can stop concentrating on the side-lighting of Larry during the 564th performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday, set up a generic effect system for a 2-3 spot of interchangable songs, and just play something amazing.

I know they can do it.

The Unforgettable Fire
Mofo
Please

Anything from Pop will make me happy, really.

A Sort of Homecoming
EBTTRT
Two Hearts Beat As One
and more songs which have been posted above....

Play Unforgettable fire and Fuck Pride:madspit:

HMTMKMKM
Love is Blindness
The Unforgettable Fire

Back
Top Bottom